ECE 57300 - Optimizing CompilersLecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3
Normally Offered: Each Fall
This course presents the concepts and techniques to design and implement an optimizing compiler. The course includes topics in the use of tools for parsing and lexical analysis, semantic routines, program parallelization and scalar optimizations.
- Crafting a Compiler with C, Fischer and LeBlanc, Benjamin/Cummings, 1991, ISBN No. 0-8053-2166-7.
- Course Notes and Research papers will be used. Background texts: the instructor will supply papers..
- an understanding of how to use parser generator tools and lexical analysis tools to parse a program source. [None]
- an understanding of the terminology and techniques of semantic processing, code generation, and optimization. [None]
- an ability to design and implement a compiler, translator or interpreter for a small language based on their knowledge of (i) and (ii). [None]