ECE 52600 - Fundamental of BioMEMS and Micro-Integrated SystemsLecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3
Areas of Specialization(s):Bioengineering
Microelectronics and Nanotechnology
Normally Offered: Each Fall
Key topics in biomedical micro-electro-mechanical systems (Bio-MEMS) and micro-integrated systems are covered. Biological concepts related to the BioMEMS are reviewed. Silicon process modules and soft-lithography processes used in the design and fabrication of BioMEMS and micro-integrated systems are presented. Applications of these systems in a variety of sensors and transducers are described. Recent advances in BioMEMS, Lab-on-a-Chip, and related advanced topics are discussed.
- Micromachined Transducers Sourcebook, G. Kovacs, McGraw Hill, 1998, ISBN No. 0-07-290722-3.
- Introduction to Microelectronic Fabrication, Volume V in the Modular Series on Solid State Devices, R. C. Jaeger, Prentice-Hall, 2002.
- Microsensors, R.S. Muller, R.T. Howe, S.D. Senturia, R.L. Smith and R.M. White, IEEE Press, 1991.
- Microsystem Design, S. Senturia, Kluwer Academic Press, 2000.
- Silicon Micromachining, Elwenspoek and Jensen, Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- The Science and Engineering of Microelectronic Fabrication, S.A. Campbell, Oxford University Press, 1996.
|2||Introduction to MEMS/BioMEMS/BioSensors|
|5||Device Fabrication (Silicon Processing Including Lithography, Etching, Deposition, Bonding; Soft Lithography and Other Topics)|
|3||Biology/Chemistry Fundamentals (Cells, DNA, Proteins)|
|6||BioMEMS and Detection Methods|