ECE 47000 - Curricular Practical TrainingCredits: 0 Professional Attributes
Normally Offered: Each Fall, Spring, Summer
An electrical and/or computer engineering work experience. This internship experience is intended to complement the student's academic plan of study and help prepare him/her for his/her future role as a practicing engineer. A letter from the prospective employer stating the period of employment, hours per week, job title, job qualifications, and job minimum period of employment is required. This course may not be taken in successive semesters.
To apply, provide a letter, on company letterhead, from the prospective employer stating:
- Job title
- Job qualifications
- Job description
- Period of employment
- Hours per week
- Supervisor's name, phone number, and e-mail
- Employment must be electrical and/or computer engineering related.
- A minimum period of employment, consistent with that of the Cooperative Education Program, is required.
- Students on academic probation are not eligible.
- Student must have been enrolled in classes at the West Lafayette campus the semester immediately preceding the internship.
- May not be taken in successive semesters (Fall-Spring and Spring-Fall sequences are forbidden, but Spring-Summer or Summer-Fall are not).
- Students who have completed the course requirements for their degree are not eligible.
- May not be taken for more than five (5) terms.
- A short report, similar to that required by the cooperative education program, is required.
- Former and current cooperative education students are ineligible, unless the Cooperative Education Program grants a formal release.
Students planning to enroll in the course should make an appointment in the ECE Undergraduate Advising Office once they have obtained the necessary documentation.
Required Text(s): None.
Recommended Text(s): None.