ECE 55700 - Integrated Circuit/MEMS Fabrication LaboratoryLecture Hours: 1 Lab Hours: 5 Credits: 3
Areas of Specialization(s):Microelectronics and Nanotechnology
CMPE Special Content Elective
EE Elective - Adv Level Lab
Normally Offered: Each Fall, Spring
Laboratory exercises in the fabrication and testing of silicon integrated circuits and MEMS devices. Two test chips are fabricated and tested, i.e. (i) diode test chip, and (ii) MOSFET test chip OR a MEMS switch test chip. Laboratory technique, the technology of integrated circuit and MEMS fabrication, and device characterization are emphasized. Computer simulation is performed with the projects.
- Fabrication Engineering at the Micro and Nanoscale, 4th Edition, S.A. Campbell, Oxford University Press, 2012, ISBN No. 9780199861224.
- Fundamentals of Microfabrication, 2nd Edition, M. Madou, CRC Press.
- Micromachined Transducers Source Book, G. Kovacs, McGraw Hill.
- Microsystem Design, S. Senturia, Kluwer Academic Press.
- Modular Series on Solid State Devices, Volume V: Introduction to Microelectronic Fabrication, Richard C Jaeger, Addison-Wesley, 1988.
- Silicon Processing for the VLSI Era, S. Wolf and R. N. Tauber, Lattice Press.
- VLSI Technology, S. M. Sze, McGraw-Hill.
|2||Overview of Microelectronic and MEMS Fabrication|
|3||Electronic Device Fundamentals|
|11||MEMS Processing Modules 1|
|12||MEMS Processing Modules 2|
|13||BioMEMS Processing Modules|
|14||MEMS Device Examples|
|15||Manufacturing and Yield|
|1-9||3 mask diode fabrication process|
|7-15||4 mask PMOS fabrication process OR 4 mask MEMS metal cantilever/switch fabrication process|