ECE 20800 - Electronic Devices and Design LaboratoryLab Hours: 3 Credits: 1 Professional Attributes
Normally Offered: Each Fall, Spring
Prerequisites: ECE 20700 and ECE 25500 [may be taken concurrently].
Requisites by Topic:
Prerequisites: basic circuit analysis including dc, transient, and steady state sinusoidal analysis; basic laboratory instrumentation Concurrent Prerequisites: basic circuit models for diodes, unipolar and bipolar transistors; design of small signal amplifiers
Laboratory experiments in the measurement of electronic device characteristics. Design of biasing networks, small signal amplifiers and switching circuits.
- Electronic Devices and Design Laboratory, M. Swabey, A. Balmos, S. Hathorn, and B. Robinson, KendallHunt, 2017, ISBN No. 978-1-5249-2303-7.
Recommended Text(s): None.
Learning Objectives:A student who successfully fulfills the course requirements will have demonstrated an ability to:
- measure the characteristics of diodes and bipolar transistors. [b,k]
- design, build, and test biasing networks for diodes, bipolar transistors, and field effect transistors. [a,b,c,e,k]
- design, build, and test single stage voltage amplifiers to meet a set of given specifications. [a,b,c,e,k]
- design simple switching circuits. [a,b,c,e,k]
|Week||Experiment Title or Activity|
|2||Measurement of diode characteristics|
|3||Triangle to sine converter design|
|4||A small signal attenuator|
|5||A motor driver - power MOSFET|
|7||Formal report project|
|8||Formal report project (continued)|
|9||DC models for bipolar transistors|
|10||Common emitter: load lines, etc.|
|11||Precision gain amplifiers|
|12||Low frequency hybrid-pi model|
|13||Lab practical exam|
|14||Single stage amplifier design|
|15||Single stage amplifier design (continued)|