Professional Master's Program Candidate Checklist
Please complete the following tasks in sequence to ensure all graduation and checkout tasks are completed prior to your departure.
- File an APPROVED plan of study for the degree you are seeking with the Graduate School (instructions sent separately) BEFORE the start of your final semester.
- Register as a candidate for graduation via myPurdue (CAND 99100) BEFORE the start of your final semester.
- Indicate participation in commencement and reserve your cap and gown via the Graduation tab in MyPurdue.
- If you are an international student on an F-1 Visa and you would like to work in the United States after graduation, you must file an application for Optional Practical Training (OPT) with the Office of International Students and Scholars (ISS). The OPT process cannot be started more than 90 days before your graduation date, but due to increased processing times, all students are encouraged to start this process as soon as possible. More information about OPT can be found here on the ISS webpage for OPT.
Graduation and Checkout
- Clean out locker Prior to turning in checklist form
- Register for an alumni email with to keep a Purdue email for life.
- Complete the exit interview questionnaire, which will be emailed to you individually two weeks before the end of the semester.
- Forward your questionnaire confirmation email to the PMP Administrator.