Welcome to the Chemical Engineering Professional Master's Program!
We want to make sure you don't miss a thing as you transition into being a graduate student at Purdue, so we've put together this webpage to provide you with a detailed list of things to be done to complete your onboarding process. Pay close attention to the calendar, and watch for these things:
1. Review and Accept your offer
Log in to the Graduate School's online application system. Click the "View Admissions Decision" link under Status Update to access your decision letter. Carefully read the letter, especially the "Conditions of Continued Enrollment" section on the second page which outlines requirements necessary for your admission and continued enrollment. This page also contains your 10-digit Purdue University Identification (PUID), which will be required in activating your Purdue Career Account. Locate and click the "Click here to submit your response to the offer of admission" link on the first page of your letter. Complete and submit the form that opens next. Your response will update on your application status page.
2. Activate your Purdue Career Account
To activate your career account you need your Purdue University Identification Number (PUID), which was provided in your online admission decision letter. Within five days of opening your online admission decision letter, you will receive another email from email@example.com that contains your initial set-up PIN. Once you receive these, you are ready to activate your career account. If you have not opened your online admission decision letter from the Graduate School, please do so to receive your initial career account set-up PIN (password). Go to ITaP's Identity and Access Management website where you will enter your 10 digit PUID, date of birth, and initial account set up PIN (password). Once you are logged in, please follow the instructions provided. If you have any questions regarding how to set up your career account, email or call ITaP at firstname.lastname@example.org or (765) 494-4000.
3. Submit Your Deposit Payment to Complete Your Enrollment
- Your admission is contingent upon receipt of the mandatory, non-refundable $500.00 deposit. Your deposit is applied directly to your first semester fee assessment.
- Log in to the Enrollment Deposit platform with your newly activated Purdue Career Account credentials.
- Choose the term for which you are admitted from the 'Term' drop-down menu and click the 'Select' button.
- Choose the Eng Pro-Masters Deposit from the 'Deposit' drop-down menu and click the 'Select' button.
The following information will then be generated to confirm the correct deposit is selected. If you do not see the below information, do not proceed.
- Deposit name: Eng Pro-Masters Deposit
- Deposit description: Engineering Professional Masters Programs
- Term: Admitted Term
- Payment amount: $500.00
- Click on the 'Continue' button to proceed to the payment method screen.
- Choose a payment method from the drop down menu. You may pay the nonrefundable deposit with an electronic check, or with one of the following credit/debit card types: MasterCard, Discover or American Express. Please note that a convenience fee will be charged for all credit card payments.
- Click on the 'Continue' button to proceed to the payment confirmation screen.
- Review that all information is correct and click the "Submit Payment" button to complete your deposit and confirm your acceptance.
- If you experience issues with Google Chrome, please use Internet Explorer, Safari, or Firefox as your browser.
Planning is in process. More details to be shared later.
5. Find a home at Purdue
Check out the Graduate School's graduate student housing website and learn about the various housing options for graduate students. Looking for an apartment? Check out the Purdue Off-Campus Housing website to see what your options are around the area. Visit the Lafayette/West Lafayette website to learn more about the community.
6. Health Information
Make sure you fulfill the State of Indiana's immunization requirements. You will need to submit official documentation of your immunization and may need to get additional required vaccinations before or upon arrival.
7. Read the Graduate Program Guide to Professional MS in Chemical Engineering for the PMP
Review the Graduate Program Guide to Professional MS in Chemical Engineering and familiarize yourself with the PMP guidelines and processes.
8. Register for courses
Look for communications from the Grad Office about registration and work with the PMP Program Manager to enroll in courses.
9. Schedule a WOW! Session - International Students Only
You must sign up for a WOW! session on-line. You should have received an email with a link to sign up. THIS IS REQUIRED. You will not be issued a Purdue ID card until you attend a WOW! Session. Check in with International Students and Scholars (ISS).
10. Register for a parking permit
Review the Purdue student parking regulations to see if you will need a parking permit and find out where to park on campus. Please note that you will need to live a certain distance from campus as well as be registered for courses to be eligible for a parking permit.
11. Arrive on campus!
Update your contact information upon moving. Visit myPurdue and go to "Personal Information" under "Quick Links" on the left side of the screen to update your address and phone number, if needed. Also be sure to provide your emergency contact information.
12. Get a PUID!
Follow the steps at this link for the Card Services Office.
13. Wrap-up remaining tasks during orientation
- Review your online admission decision letter, especially the "Conditions of Continued Enrollment" section on the second page which outlines requirements necessary for your admission and continued enrollment, to make sure you've fulfilled all of your admissions and enrollment conditions.
Let us know if you have any questions!