How to Apply for Admission to the PMP
Applicants to the Chemical Engineering Professional M.S. Program must complete the Purdue University Graduate School's online application to be considered for admission. Applications are reviewed and admittance is offered on a rolling basis, though we encourage prospective students to apply early as possible.
Complete applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. The deadline for completing an application for a Fall semester will be May 1, and for a Spring semester, November 1.
Summer admissions - No Entry
*Please note that spring entry is only offered to students with a previous degree in chemical engineering. Students without a degree in chemical engineering are only admitted for fall entry.
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official transcripts from every institution of higher education attended
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Personal History Statement
- Two (2) letters of recommendation: can be from professional references, such as supervisors or managers, or academic references, such as professors, advisors, etc.
- Official TOEFL or IELTS scores (if applicable)
- The GRE score requirement has been waived for domestic applicants for Spring 2024 and Fall 2024. GRE scores are required for all international applicants from a non-Chemical Engineering background (Since we view mathematics and physical sciences background as very important components, the GRE can help us gain more information).