How to File a Professional Master's Plan of Study
- Log on to myPurdue and click the "Plan of Study Generator" link found under the “Graduate Students” section on the “Academic” tab.
This will bring you to the Purdue University Graduate School "Plan of Study Generator" main page -- several linked options are available:
- Create a new plan of study
- Update a saved plan of study or one submitted as draft
- Display submitted forms (both plan of study and changes to plan of study)
- Create or update a change request for current approved plan of study
- Modify a rejected plan of study and resubmit
Click on the "create a new plan of study" link, and then follow these instructions:
- Campus – auto-populates
- Department - CHE
- First semester of graduate study – select the semester and year you began graduate studies at Purdue
- Email address – MUST be Purdue email
- Click "Process and continue" button to move on.
- Degree title drop down box – select MSCHE
- Thesis/Non-thesis – select NON-THESIS
- Expected graduation date – select the month and year you expect to graduate
- Click “Process and Continue”
You should now be at the New Plan of Study main page. This page has several major links, most of which are represented as checkboxes. Note that the first checkbox, student and degree information, is already checked as completed. You can, however, go back and modify this information by clicking on the link.
The checkbox links are:
- Student and Degree Information - completed in Section 3, above
Research Project and Language Requirement - Click on this link to enter information.
- Research Area - LEAVE THIS BLANK
- Concentration – ONLY FILL IN THE ‘First Concentration’ FIELD
- Language Requirement – LEAVE THIS BLANK.
- Method to be used to meet requirement – LEAVE THIS BLANK.
- Click "Process and Continue"
Coursework - Click on this link to enter information.
Click the “Courses currently taken or those previously completed at Purdue University as a graduate student” link. This will generate a list of courses currently being taken or previously taken. For each course being used, follow the instructions below.
- “Use” – select to use the course on your plan of study
“Area” – Indicate primary, related, or not applicable
- All CHE core courses are “Primary”
- All other courses will be “Related”
- “Not applicable” – DO NOT USE
- “B or better” – DO NOT USE
- Click “Process and Continue.”
- SKIP the “Transfer courses and courses taken as excess undergraduate credit” link.
Click the “Courses to be taken in the future at Purdue University” link. This takes you to a page for you to enter courses you intend to take. Note that an On-line course catalog link has been provided at the top of the screen for your convenience.
- Fill in the following information:
- “Area” – select related
- “Subj. Abbr.” – select CHE
- “Course No.” – fill in “59700”
- “Credit Hrs.” – fill in “6”
- “B” or better – DO NOT USE
- “Course Title” – Type in “Prof MS Capstone Project”
- “Session to be Completed” – select appropriate semester and year
- “Add” – click to add course for use on plan
- For spring admits and 3 semester track students, repeat steps for additional courses to be taken in the fall, if known. If not, skip to the next step.
- Click “Process and Continue” to submit added courses. You will then be taken back to the previous page.
- SKIP “Purdue Combined Degree Courses”
- Click the "Process and Continue" button to return to the "create a new plan of study main page."
- Click the “Courses currently taken or those previously completed at Purdue University as a graduate student” link. This will generate a list of courses currently being taken or previously taken. For each course being used, follow the instructions below.
Advisory Committee – Click this link to enter information.
This page loads two screens - the top entry screen and the bottom faculty search screen
- Select “Chair” in the “Participation of Member” filed
- Use the Faculty advisor search field below, and select ‘Chemical Engineering’ in the “Department” dropdown menu, then click the search button.
- This will load a list of departmental faculty in alpha order along with the department code (CHE), and a five digit number called the faculty identifier. (C_ _ _ _).
- Locate Dr. Bryan Boudouris in the list, then enter the department code and five digit faculty identifier in the “Faculty 4+5 Code” box in the top entry screen
- SKIP “Area of Advisor” – DO NOT FILL IN THIS FIELD
- Click “Add”
- Click "Process and Continue." You will be taken back to the previous page.
- This page loads two screens - the top entry screen and the bottom faculty search screen
- Comments and Special Notes – Clicking on this link allows you to add a note of explanation about your plan. Skip this section unless you were instructed by the ChE Graduate Office to use it.
- Click “Preview Plan of Study” to preview your plan and verify all of the information was entered correctly.
- The checkbox links are:
- Once you’ve completed everything for your Plan, please click “Submit as Draft” and email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm that your Plan of Study is ready to be audited.
- Once the Grad Office confirms it is ready to submit, you will log back in to the Plan of Study Generator and click “Submit as Final” to officially submit and save your Plan.
Please contact the ChE Graduate Office if you have any questions or need further assistance.