Visiting the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics
To explore the School of Aeronautics and Astronautics, schedule a visit day. A visit day is coordinated through the Undergraduate Office and offered in the afternoon. Each visit provides an opportunity to interact with an academic advisor or an AAE student ambassador.
We schedule afternoon visits because advisors use the morning hours to respond to emails and meet with current students, and it is beneficial to attend the 11:30 a.m. Engineering Information Session prior to meeting with AAE.
Please allow 4-5 business days advance notification to accommodate the visit request, which can be made above. Please include any special requests. Note that Purdue University is on Eastern Standard Time (EST) and observes Daylight Savings Time.
Family Visits during September - November 18 are very limited due to 2024 Spring advising appointments.
AAE Information Sessions are the best option at this time See below for details.
Virtual Engineering Information Sessions (VEISs) 1 per month
There is no direct entry into the AAE program. Engineering students all start in the First-Year Engineering program. After the first year, students are eligible for admission to the professional schools by a process.
- Daily Admissions Tours (Select 8:30 a.m. option as AAE hosts prospective students in afternoon.)
- Engineering Information Session (EIS)
- Introducing Purdue (AAE info session) email email@example.com for the time and location
- Purdue's For Me (AAE info session) email firstname.lastname@example.org for the time and location
- Virtual Campus Tour
Travel, parking, and maps
Where to stay
- There are several hotels within a mile or two of campus, including a Hilton and a Holiday Inn.
- The Lafayette-West Lafayette Convention and Visitors Bureau lists not only places to stay the night, but also information about the community.
AAE Undergraduate Advising: Suite 2000
Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
701 West Stadium Ave.
West Lafayette, IN 47907