Injury Action List

It is a mission of the College of Engineering to operate in the safest possible way and to share best practices with eath other in order to do our best to alleviate potentially hazardous activities.

In the case of injury to any individual while working in the labs at Purdue University please see the chart below for action to take to ensure that the injury is treated in a correct and timely manner.

Regardless of the incident, a First Report of Injury must be completed by a supervisor and submitted.


Incident Person Injured Suggested Treatment
  • Bruises, minor cuts, abrasions, splinters, punctures
  • Minor burns, rashes
  • Dirt or dust in eyes
  • Sprains, strains, repetitive motion injuries
Faculty, Staff Transport to Regional Occupational Care Center (ROCC)
Unity Health Care Center
1321 Unity Place, S. Creasy Lane
Phone: 765-446-2450
Hours: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM (Monday-Friday)

Fransiscan WorkingWell - Lafayette
3218 Daughtry Dr, Suite 140

Lafayette, IN
Phone: 765-502-4190
Hours: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM (Monday-Friday)

Student Transport to Purdue University Student Health (PUSH)
601 W Stadium Ave
Phone: 765-494-1700
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM (Monday-Friday)
  • Chest pain, difficulty breathing
  • Diabetic emergencies
  • Head injury, serious blow to the head, loss of consciousness, person combative or confused
  • Fractures, dislocations, uncontrollable bleeding
  • Injury to spine or neck, back pain
  • Eye injuries or chemicals in eyes
  • Chemical burns
Faculty, Staff, Student, Guest

Call 911 for ambulance transport to one of the following hospitals:

St. Elizabeth Central
1501 Hartford St.
Phone: 765-423-6011

St. Elizabeth East
1701 S. Creasy Lane
Phone: 765-502-4000

Indiana University Arnett
5165 McCarty Lane
Phone: 765-838-5100 (emergency)
Phone: 765-899-8448


How to get there

  • If you can safely drive yourself, use your own vehicle to go to an approved medical provider
  • Your supervisor or another designated person may drive you to an approved medical provider using their own vehicle, or one owned by the university
  • If you or someone else drives a personal vehicle, they assume liability to any damage to their vehicle or to any other vehicles if an accident occurs
  • In the situation of the a medical emergency (only serious illness or injury), call the Purdue ambulance (911) for transportation