The School offers both MS and PhD degrees in the field of Materials Science and Engineering. These programs emphasize the application of the basic sciences to the understanding of the structure, properties, and processing of materials. Programs of study are designed to broaden and deepen the student's knowledge of those parts of the field which are of most universal applicability.
Virtual Lab Tours
Materials Engineering is a great fit for students with various undergraduate degrees. Click here for more on faculty profiles, research areas, and lab tours!
View information about the graduate program.
How to Apply
View information about how to apply.
- Graduate Student Manual (PDF)
- Plan of Study
- Spring Preliminary Exam Guide (Docx)
- Fall Preliminary Exam Guide (Docx)
- First Semester Coursework (PDF)
- Graduate School Calendar of Events
- Preliminary Exam Document Cover Page (PDF)
- Preliminary Exam Evaluation Rubric (PDF)
- Preliminary Exam Panel Evaluation (PDF)
- Guidance for Industrial Graduate Applicants
- MSE 690 - Ethical Conduct in Research (PDF)
- Polymer Course Map
- Conference Travel Grants