Keith J. Bowman
The Bowman research group has lead efforts to quantify and model preferred orientation and property anisotropy in metals, ceramics and composites. Coupled with this research has been the development of the processing approaches to introduce texture and anisotropy in a range of materials. Ceramics research has included elastic and fracture properties of structural materials as well as functional properties of electronic materials. This research has included the use of several different neutron and synchrotron sources to complement x-ray texture research using area detector diffraction. Professor Bowman has given plenary, invited and contributed research presentations in fifteen countries and has ongoing international collaborations with colleagues in Germany and Australia. Current research includes correlating crystallographic texture with domain orientation in poled, depoled and cyclically poled piezoelectric materials.
- J. L. Jones, E. B. Slamovich, and K. J. Bowman, “Domain Texture Distributions in Tetragonal Lead Zirconate Titanate by X-ray and Neutron Diffraction,” /J. Applied Physics/, *97*, 034113-1-6 (2005).
- Jacob L. Jones*, Mark Hoffman, and Keith J. Bowman, "Saturated domain switching textures and strains in ferroelastic ceramics," /J. Applied Physics/, *98*, 024115 (2005).
- J. L. Jones, E. B. Slamovich, K. J. Bowman, and D. C. Lupascu, “Domain Switching Anisotropy in Textured Bismuth Titanate Ceramics,” /J. Applied Physics/, *98*, pp. 104102-1-8 (2005).
- H. J. Kim, M. J. M. Krane, K. P. Trumble, K. J. Bowman, “Analytical Fluid Flow Models for Tape Casting” Journal of the American Ceramic Society 89 (9), 2769-2775(2006).
- Wonyoung Chang, Thomas S. Key, Alexander King, Elliott Slamovich and Keith J. Bowman, “Electromechanical Cycling and Thermal Effects on Ferroelastic Domain Orientation” Proceedings of the* *11th International Meeting on Ferroelectricity, Argentina, Brazil; September 5-9 (2005), Ferroelectrics. 334, 49-56 (2006).
- B. Iverson, J. L. Jones, and K. J. Bowman, “Neutron Texture Assessment of Ferroelectric Lead Metaniobate,” Physics B, 385-386, 581-83 (2006).
- Wonyoung Chang, Alexander H. King and Keith J. Bowman, "Thermal Effects on Domain Orientation of Tetragonal Piezoelectrics Studied by In-situ X-ray Diffraction" Appl. Phys. Lett. 88, 242901 (2006).
- Jacob L. Jones, Benjamin J. Iverson and Keith J. Bowman, “Texture and Anisotropy of Polycrystalline Piezoelectrics,” (Feature Article), Journal of the American Ceramic Society, Vol. 90 Issue 8 , 2297–2314 (2007).
- Wonyoung Chang, Alexander H. King and Keith J. Bowman, “Thermal Effects on Mechanical Grinding-Induced Surface Texture in Tetragonal Piezoelectrics,” J. Materials Research, J. Mater. Res., Vol. 22, No. 10, Oct 2007.
- Benjamin Iverson, Hyun Jun Kim, Elliott Slamovich and Keith Bowman, “Texture Evolution in Tape Cast Lead Metaniobate”, J European Ceramic Society, Volume 28, Issue 4, 2008, Pages 863-869