ECE 46100 - Software Engineering
This course will run as ECE 30861 starting Fall 2022.
Lecture Hours: 3 Credits: 3
- EE Elective
Introduction to software-engineering principles with special emphasis on the process, methods, and tools needed to develop and test quality software products and systems, and team management.
For students to know important software-engineering principles and successfully apply them to complete a software project as a member of a small student team.
- Software Engineering at Google , curated by Titus Winters, Tom Manshreck and Hyrum Wright. , O'Reilly Media, Inc. , 2020 , ISBN No. 978-1492082798
- Software Engineering. , 10th Edition , Ian Sommerville , Pearson , 2016 , ISBN No. 978-9814718585
- the ability to conduct object-oriented design and use unified modeling language. [1,3]
- the ability to understand different models of software development processes. [1,2]
- the ability to analyze requirements and write project specifications. [1,2]
- the ability to successfully develop a team software project on time and meet the specifications. [1,2,3,4]
Engineering Design Content:
Engineering Design Consideration(s):
Students must demonstrate basic competency in all the outcomes in order to receive a passing grade for the course. Outcomes i and ii will be assessed by homework and examination. A student must obtain 40% of the points and exceed two standard deviations below the median score to pass the outcomes. Outcomes iii and iv will be evaluated using homework and programming projects. Students must receive 50% of the points to pass the outcomes.