Online Master's in Biomedical Engineering: Admissions and Requirements
Decisions for admission into the graduate program are based upon an applicant's holistic experiences which can include prior academic performance, industry experience, research experience etc., as well as the strength of your recommendation letters and statement of purpose.
When applying, make sure your select one of the following research area on your application:
- Biomedical Device Development (non-thesis Master's only)
Requirements for all applicants:
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in engineering, life science, or technology. Strong math background.
- Target GPA 3.00/4.00 grade point average (GPA) in undergraduate study.
- GRE: Not Required and will not be utilized in admissions decisions.
How to Apply:
- Provide Applicant Information - Personal Background, Emergency Contact, Residency
Campus and Program
- Campus: Select “West Lafayette”
- Proposed Graduate Major: Select “Biomedical Engineering”
- Area of Interest: Online Biomedical Device Development
- Degree Objective: Select “MS in Biomedical Engineering (MSBME)”
- Course Delivery: Select: distance
- Entry Term: Select Term you would like to start
- Education Background – add institutions that you have attended
- Additional Information – Leave Faculty Member information bland; fill out the rest of the information
- Employment – Add work experience
- Statement of Purpose Upload
- Resume Upload
- Diversity Essay Upload – Not required
- 3 letters of recommendation are required
Pay the nonrefundable application fee by credit card.
Submit an official transcript for every college or university attended. In addition to the transcript(s) you will upload to the application, you must also submit either a hard-copy to the address listed below or an e-transcript (sent by the University’s Registrar e-parchment services) to email@example.com.
Transcripts not written in English must be submitted with a certified English translation. Uploaded documents must be from the official version of the academic record/transcript. Social Security numbers must be marked out before any document is uploaded.
If degree/date awarded not listed on transcript, a copy of the original diploma must be made and verified by one of the following: the institution that issued the diploma, the employer, an official such as a lawyer (notarized), or an upper level financial institution employee (notarized). The verifier must write “This is a true original copy of the diploma for (applicant’s full name)” on the copy, and include their name, title, phone, and email address on the copy. The copy cannot be faxed or sent over email, it must be mailed to the graduate program.
You may check the status of your submitted application by logging into your online application.
Contact Information: Yvonne Vega (firstname.lastname@example.org)