Temporary Structures - Vertical Construction Module
Start Date:August 23, 2021
Learning Objective:The class objective is to develop an understanding on how to design temporary systems typically used in vertical construction. Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the possible types and magnitudes of loads experienced by temporary structures.
- Understand and design bracing and guying systems needed and used in vertical construction.
- Design vertical forming systems
- Design vertical shoring systems
- Understand how construction interfaces with design.
This class will provide construction and design professionals the skills to understand construction loads and their combinations, wind loads and their impacts, timber design, bracing and guying design, vertical forming systems, and shoring analysis for vertical construction.
Topics Covered:The course consists of 11 on-line information sessions and various homeworks and quizzes.
- Construction loads ??? ASCE 37
- Wind Loads ??? ASCE 7
- Timber design
- Bracing and guying design
- Vertical forming systems design
- Vertical concrete construction shoring analysis