Online MSCE Admissions Requirements
- A four-year undergraduate Bachelor's degree or the equivalent from an accredited institution, with a minimum GPA of 3.00
Transcripts from all universities attended (Original language and English translations are both needed for international applicants)
- Upload official transcript copies to the application. After being admitted, you will need to provide official transcripts in sealed envelopes to the Graduate School. E-transcripts can be sent to Purdue Graduate School firstname.lastname@example.org (U.S. citizens only)
- Academic statement of purpose
- Personal history statement
- Professional resume
- 3 recommendation letters
TOEFL or IELTS scores (international students only) – This requirement is waived for applicants who have received a baccalaureate degree or graduate or professional degree, within the last 36 months at the time of recommendation for admission, from a school where English is the primary language of instruction in a country/location where English is the native language.
The Graduate School accepts valid* TOEFL scores earned through the . The minimum Internet-Based Test (iBT) scores required for admission are the following:Purdue University West Lafayette's code for the TOEFL application is 1631.
The Graduate School also accepts valid* International English Language Testing System (IELTS) scores (Academic Module).
An overall band score of 7.0 is required for admission with the following minimum section requirements:The official test score report can be uploaded to the online application under Miscellaneous Supporting Documents, sent electronically to the Office of International Students and Scholars, or the hard copy score report can be mailed directly to the Office of Graduate Admissions.*To be valid for admission, English proficiency test scores (TOEFL and IELTS) must be no more than two years old at the time the recommendation for admission is received at the Graduate School.
- A copy of any diplomas or provisional certificates if diplomas have not been awarded, in original language and in English (international applicants only)
- Math Background: Three semesters of Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra
- Engineering Background: Preferred undergraduate background in Engineering, Physical Sciences or a related field. Other course prerequisites may apply depending on classes you choose to enroll in.
$833.33 per credit hour (includes tuition and fees)
Federal financial aid is available. All federal financial aid benefits and restrictions apply to enrolled MSCE students. Federal aid enrollment requirements apply.
Spring : December 1
Summer : April 1
Fall : July 15