The exam process for online students is designed to be both highly structured as well as efficient and supportive so that you’re positioned to succeed. There are some steps you’ll need to take to get set up for taking proctored exams:
- Identify an exam proctor and testing site in your area.
- Use Manage My Account to confirm or update your proctor and site each semester.
- Review the exam schedule.
A few business days prior to the exam, your exam proctor will receive an email notification that the exam is available to be accessed. The exam file will include a coversheet listing the materials you’re allowed to have with you during the exam and the time limit for your exam. The instructor will announce prior to the exam what these details include.
On the day of the exam, you’ll need to bring a photo ID and the allowed testing materials. Your proctor will confirm your identity, walk you through the exam process including reviewing the instructions on the coversheet, and provide you with a suitable testing area. Your proctor will initiate the timer for your exam, be present for the duration of your exam, and inform you when your time to complete the exam has expired.
Once your exam is complete, your proctor will upload it to the Engineering Professional Education secure exam portal for grading.
Tips for a Successful Exam
Here are some things to keep in mind when taking exams as an online student at Purdue:
- If your exam is online, make sure your location has fast and reliable Internet.
- Make sure your testing site is in a quiet location.
- Remove from the testing facility any materials not approved by your instructor (cell phone, notes, textbooks, etc.)
- Plan accordingly, as you won’t be able to take a break at any point throughout the duration of the exam.