Job Openings for Students
Those interested in these positions should send their electronic resume/cover letter to J. Timothy (Tim) Alt, Ph.D. at Tim.Alt@Rolls-Royce.com
Magnetics Design Engineer - NovaTorque
NovaTorque is a venture funded start up company in Sunnyvale, CA. NovaTorque has invented an exciting new motor technology that provides high efficiency and high power density operation combined with innovative low cost manufacturing. We are also evaluating and optimizing electronic drives to provide complete solutions to customers taking advantage of this new technology. Position reports directly to CTO.
- Design motors using NovaTorque’s unique conical axial gap permanent magnet motor technology.
- Quickly derive near optimal solutions to problems with many interacting magnetic and mechanical variables.
- Work closely with mechanical design engineers and motor drive engineers.
- Engineering degree in electrical engineering or related mechatronics program.
- Innovative thinking to apply and enhance motor designs to best meet customer requirements.
- Experience with 3D magnetic modeling and knowledge of magnetic materials is required.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous projects and be a self-starter.
- Previous motor design experience.
- Desire for entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills are highly desired.
Interested candidates should send resume and contact information to email@example.com
Motor Control Software Senior Design Engineer - Redfish Technology
Our client, a leader in electric vehicle drive and recharge systems, presently has an opening for a degreed, experienced motor control software design engineer. This is a lead position that requires in-depth working knowledge of induction motor control theory and practical implementation. A hands-on approach with good project management and communication skills is essential. Person must be a self starter who can take a project from inception through to production.
Located in California (30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles).
- Design, analysis, documentation and test of induction motor control software for automotive propulsion systems.
- Interface with other team members including hardware design, production, quality, marketing and procurement.
- Interface with customers and vendors.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or physics, MS or PhD degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in firmware design including induction motor control using including Field Oriented Control Techniques.
- Experience with TI or Freescale DSPs
- Some hardware and power electronics design experience
- Experience with analytical software such as Matlab, Simulink and SPICE
- Experience with automotive electronics preferred
- US citizen or permanent resident
408-719-0200 (West Coast)
401 619-3920 (East Coast)