ECE Registration Information

Table of Contents

Registration Process
ECE Waitlist
Override Requests
Entering Transfer Students
Frequently Asked Questions

Registration Process


All students are now required to meet with their academic advisor to receive their registration PIN.

Prior to meeting with your advisor and receiving their registration PIN, all ECE students must create/update their Student Educational Planner (SEP) in MyPurduePlan from the current semester forward to the completion of their degree. Once their SEP is complete, students will submit a Student Registration Profile (SRP) to signal completion of the process.  Designated weeks have been pre-assigned for completion of this process based on a student's classification as listed in MyPurdue; however, priority students do not fit this policy so please know your status. Students who do not complete their SEP  and submit their SRP during the time period specified will have their plan reviewed as time allows which could lead to missing your time ticket and risk not getting into the needed class(es).

When to complete SEP & SRP:

Priority & Seniors:  January 20 -31

Juniors:  February 3 - 14

Sophomores:  February 17 - 28

Once your SEP is approved, you will receive an email directing you to schedule an appointment with your advisor during the specified times listed in below.  To guarantee you have your PIN prior to the opening of your time ticket, your SEP must be completed during your designated time listed above and allow no less than 5 business days to be reviewed.

Meeting the above deadline will make you eligible to set up an appointment during the following weeks to receive your PIN:  

When to meet with your advisor:

Priority & Seniors:  February 3 - 14

Juniors:   February 17 - 28

Sophomores:  March 2 - 13

Students who do not meet with their academic advisor during the above specified times will be fit it as time allows which could lead to missing your time ticket and risk not getting into the needed class(es).

ECE Pre-Registration & PIN Procedure

  1. Identify your classification in myPurdue and know when you must complete the ECE pre-registration process (including completion of SEP, SRP and assigned meeting weeks with advisor

  2. Determine the remaining courses you need to take to fulfill degree requirements by utilizing the degree audit sent to you from your academic advisor. Please do not reference the myPurduePlan worksheet, audit, or still needed tools as these are currently not 100% correct.

  3. Review some Common Plan of Study Issues to help ensure you are creating a viable plan. Failure to address these items typically will result in a request to resubmit your SEP.

  4. Use the SEP Instructions to create/update your SEP (note: Google Chrome may not work properly).

  5. All students who plan to fulfill all degree requirements in the fall and will be graduating in December 2020, must complete the survey under Destination: Graduation located on MyPurdue.

  6. Once your Student Educational Planner is complete and ready for review, you must submit a Student Registration Profile.  Current ECE students use this SRP link OR FYE students use this SRP link.  This step will alert your advisor hat your SEP is ready for review.

  7. Your academic advisor needs a minimum of 5 business days to review your plan prior to you scheduling your appointment.  This is important to keep in mind as you could run out of time so plan ahead!  

  8. Once your advisor reviews your SEP, you will receive an email with a link to schedule your required meeting during your pre-determined weeks. 

  9. During your registration meeting you will discuss future workloads, possible experiential learning opportunities, preparation for post-graduation and any issues/concerns you want to talk about.  Your advisor will email your PIN to you by 5 p.m. the day of your meeting. 

  10. Check MyPurdue as well as watch for communication from the Office of the Registrar regarding your assigned Time Ticket dates. You will use your registration PIN to go in to the MyPurdue system and register for courses during your assigned Time Ticket.  Should you lose or misplace your registration PIN prior to your Time Ticket, check the notes in BoilerConnect and/or your email.  After you use your PIN one time, you will be able to retrieve it from myPurdue. 

ECE Wait List

If you need in an ECE course or section that is currently closed or if there is a conflict with another required course, please complete the ECE Wait List request and you will be contacted by our office as soon as information is available.

The wait list should be utilized only when you are unable to fit a course into your schedule, either due to it being full or because of a time-conflict. Every attempt should be made to work out a schedule, even if you have to choose a section that is not your first choice; you can always make changes later should a space appear in your preferred section.  You should not fill out the wait list to try to get into a more ‘desirable’ section of a course. If you need further assistance, please contact the ECE Undergraduate Advising Office at 494-3390 or stop by MSEE 140.

Override Requests

If you are an ECE student or non-ECE student who is getting an error when adding a course to your schedule, please complete the override request in Scheduling Assistant and your request will be reviewed by the ECE staff.  Once your request has been processed, you will be notified via email with the results.

  • Foreign Language Courses
    • Students planning on enrolling for the first time in a foreign language course who have taken 2 years or more of that language in high school must take the language placement exam. Students who have no previous courses in a language or who have less than 2 years of language study may fill out the override request through Scheduling Assistant to request to start at the 10100 level if departmental permission is required for enrollment.
  • Wine Appreciation (FS 47000)
    • Students can request the override through Unitime once his or her time ticket is open. Students must bring a driver's license or passport to the Food Science Department (NLSN Rm 2203) to verify that the student will be 21 years old by the date specified by the FS Department. If a student brings his or her ID prior to the opening of the time ticket, the override will be placed in Banner.

Entering Transfer Students

Entering transfer students should have been working with ECE and have all their transfer credits reviewed before registering for courses. Once it has been determined if and how these credits will be used toward one of the ECE degrees, the student will be provided with a schedule recommendation and their Registration PIN number. Detailed instructions for registration can be found here for using myPurdue or here for using the Scheduling Assistant.