Purdue IEEE Student Organization
Our student branch of IEEE is dedicated to technical achievements, professional events, and network building between students. There are no restrictions on year in school or major when joining. We have five committees that each focus on achieving different technical goals and supplement material learned in lectures and laboratories. Industry nights and professional development events present opportunities and develop skills that will be beneficial after graduation. Social events with our own members and those from other student organizations enrich the student experience and build lasting network connections.
Here is some detailed information about our committees:
- Aerial Robotics: This team creates a UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) to compete in the AUVSI SUAS Competition. Members on this team blend knowledge of electronics, software controls, airframes, and CAD with the management and administrative skills needed to design and fly drone aircraft.
- Computer Society: This society manages a computer network and does many small projects. Students in this committee provide web services and 3D printing for other student organizations. Small projects and programming competitions provide experience with software, machine learning, cybersecurity, and embedded development.
- Learning Committee: This committee focuses on developing technical and project skills needed for academic studies and professional careers in younger and less experienced students. Short-term projects give context to learning events that develop technical skills such as circuit design and mechanics and practical skills such as soldering and machining.
- Racing: This team builds an electric go-kart to compete in races for evGrandPrix at Purdue and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Members get hands-on experience with vehicle design, battery and motor power management, and project planning.
- Remotely Operated underwater Vehicle (ROV): This team designs and constructs an ROV to compete in the MATE International ROV Competition. Members apply their knowledge and experience in PCB design, microcontrollers, software and communications, 3D modeling, and machining to accomplish the annual mission.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.