ECE Graduate Program Deadlines
Last Day to Register:
- You must register by the end of the first week of classes (usually Sunday at midnight), or you will be assessed a $200 late fee. Students are encouraged to register early to assure space in the courses they have selected.
Adding Courses or Modifying Registration:
- 1st week of classes -- no signatures are required
- 2nd through 4th weeks -- signatures of the Instructor and Graduate Coordinator are required
- 5th through 10th weeks -- registration can only be modified if there are "extenuating circumstances" with the signatures of the Instructor and Graduate Coordinator. After receiving approval, students must carry the form to the Registrar.
- 1st and 2nd weeks -- no signatures are required
- 3rd and 4th weeks -- approval of the Graduate Coordinator is required and a "W" will appear on the student's transcript
- 5th through 10th weeks -- the Instructor must assign a grade of "W" or "WF" and the Graduate Coordinator must approve. After receiving approval, students must carry the form to the Registrar.
NOTE: For the summer session, these deadlines are basically cut in half.
Graduate School Deadlines
Research in Absentia Registration
- Complete "Application Research in Absentia" form GS-12
- Submit at least one month before the beginning of the semester
Degree/Exam Only Registration
- Submit this type of registration request at least one week before classes begin. The student must be registered as a full-time student the previous semester.
Declare candidacy by the fifth week of classes. Typically, this is done by marking the Registration Form at the time the student registers. PhD and MS Thesis students must defend their thesis one week before the last day of classes. The Thesis must be deposited by the last day of classes. For current semester candidate deadlines, consult the graduate school calendar.
ECE Graduate Office Deadlines
Current ECE Masters students applying to enter the PhD program;
- During the first month of the semester in which the Master's degree is completed.
PhD Qualifying Examination;
- Students expected to take the QE must confirm their participation with the Graduate Office and indicate their primary area of interest by the end of the fourth week of the preceding Spring semester.
- Application deadlines are found at: Admission Deadlines.