Halftime Graduate Administrative Assistantship AY 2015-16
|Position Type:||Graduate Student
|Degree Requirement:||MS, PhD
TO: Engineering, Statistics, and College of Technology Graduate Students
FROM: Engineering’s Office of Data Analytics and Information
DATE: August 3, 2015
SUBJECT: Halftime Graduate Administrative Assistantship AY 2015-16
The Dean of Engineering’s Office of Data Analytics and Information is looking to hire one half-time graduate assistant. This position would start in August (or as soon as possible) and continue through the spring of 2016, with a possibility to continue.
This position will support the Associate and Assistant Deans of Undergraduate Education and Office of Data Analytics and Information by updating and modifying administrative reports and analysis; validating records and reports; automating routine tasks; collecting and formatting data; and documenting reporting and analysis processes.
We are looking for someone who meets the following criteria:
- Purdue University graduate student in Engineering
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite, expertise in Excel
- Solid logical reasoning and analytical skills
- Able to maintain security of sensitive data
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, and accurate
- Working knowledge of Cognos or Tableau
- Familiar with data modeling, SQL, and VBA (or other scripting languages)
- Familiar with Purdue’s undergraduate engineering programs
Preference will be given to candidates with availability to continue in the position during AY2016-17
If interested, please email cover letter and résumé (or CV) to Sukwon Lee, email@example.com, by August 12.