ECE Student Career Opportunities
All students should register with CCO early in their academic careers.
Full-time openings: Undergraduate
Full-time openings: Graduate
Full time openings at Intel in CE/AI/Heterogenous computing
Full time openings at Intel in CE/AI/Heterogenous computingI am Ravi Gupta, Purdue graduate – 2016 EE batch and work at Intel at the convergence of Heterogenous computing, AI and HPC.We are ramping up multiple teams and are looking for qualified candidates – both masters and PhD who are graduating soon and available to start.If any candidate is interested, directly reach out to me on my email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Linkedin.
Full time openings at Intel in CE/AI/Heterogenous computingReference Job descriptions(1):Conducts design and development to build and optimize AI software.Designs, develops, and optimizes for AI frameworks (e.g., OpenVINO) and to contribute to external frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch).Implements various distributed algorithms such as model/data parallel frameworks, parameter servers, dataflow based asynchronous data communication in machine learning, and/or deep learning frameworks.Transforms computational graph representation of neural network model, and develops machine learning and/or deep learning primitives in mathematical libraries.Profiles distributed deep learning models to identify performance bottlenecks and proposes solutions across individual component teams.Optimizes code for various computing hardware backends, and interacts with machine learning and/or deep learning researchers, and utilizing experience with machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks.Qualifications:Minimum qualifications are required to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelors with 2 or more years, having or expecting a Masters degree in Computer Science.ORElectrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related technical discipline by Summer 2022.
One or more years of experience with the following technical skills
- Familiar with deep learning algorithms and models.
- Excellent performance analysis and tuning skills.
- Proven track record of deliver result in time on short release cycle.
- Excellent development and debugging skills.
- Experience in deep learning frameworks such as Tensor Flow and PyTorch.
- The candidate should be solid on at least two of the three programming languages (Python/C++/Java).
- Experience working with Windows and Visual studio.
- The candidate should have experience building and troubleshooting issues with both Linux and Windows systems, e.g. native windows, Windows in VMs, Cygwin, WSL, different Linux variants etc.
- Have LLVM/Clang experience.
- Have improved performance for one of the frameworks is a plus.
- Have implemented new model on one of the frameworks is a plus.
- Have ported a model from one framework to another is a plus.
- Have used existing model to improve state-of-art of empirical problem is a plus.
- Have used Bazel and Jenkins is a plus.
Reference Job description(2)Conducts design and development to build and optimize AI software.Designs, develops, and optimizes for AI frameworks (e.g., OpenVINO) and to contribute to external frameworks (e.g., TensorFlow, PyTorch). Implements various distributed algorithms such as model/data parallel frameworks, parameter servers, dataflow based asynchronous data communication in machine learning, and/or deep learning frameworks. Transforms computational graph representation of neural network model, and develops machine learning and/or deep learning primitives in mathematical libraries.Profiles distributed deep learning models to identify performance bottlenecks and proposes solutions across individual component teams. Optimizes code for various computing hardware backends, and interacts with machine learning and/or deep learning researchers, and utilizing experience with machine learning and/or deep learning frameworks.We create cutting-edge AI software products and solutions covering data analytics, classical ML, and Deep Learning. Artificial Intelligence and Analytics (AIA) organization focuses on supporting the SW Ecosystem, popular libraries, and frameworks and optimizing them for Xeons and Intel GPUs.Our team in AIA is responsible for creating optimized and efficient, compelling End-to-End AI pipelines on different data modalities including Computer vision, NLP, Recommendation systems, video analytics, and others across the edge to cloud.In this position, you will set the strategic and technical design of AI frameworks, protocols, algorithms/topologies, and optimizations, makes high level design choices focused on manageability, scalability, usability, resiliency, availability, security, and/or safety for the software structure, protocols, and algorithms, perform pathfinding, surveys technologies and presents at external and internal events. May interact with multiple technologists in the company to influence architectures and optimize/customize software offerings.Qualifications:You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiencesMinimum Qualifications:
- The candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree ( 4+ years experience ), Master’s degree ( 2+ years experience ) or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mathematics and related fields
2+ years’ experience in below areas:
- Experience in DL development in TensorFlow or Pytorch;
- Candidate should be solid on at least one of the following languages and familiar with both: Python, C/C++
- Extensive knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems especially with virtual containerized environments (docker, conda)
- Multi-node cluster setup and orchestration (Kubernetes); CI/CD tools and methodologies.
- Experience in DL development in TensorFlow or Pytorch for multi-node training and inference
- Experience and expertise at least in TWO of these domains: image/video, natural language, Recommendation systems and data analyses
- Have improved performance for one of the DL frameworks
- Have implemented new model on one of the DL frameworks
- Have ported a model from one DL framework to another
- Have used existing model to improve state-of-art of empirical problem
Falcomm Internship or Full-time Opportunity for Graduates
Falcomm Internship or Full-time Opportunity for GraduatesMy name is James and I work for Falcomm, which was founded by Edgar Garay, a PhD candidate at Georgia Tech. We are now looking to hire RF MMIC engineers, and are wondering if your students would be interested in an internship or a full-time opportunity. Please see the information below.Falcomm is a VC funded fabless semiconductor chip startup from Georgia Tech on a mission to provide the most energy efficient power amplifier and integrated front-end module products for the wireless communication market. Despite many decades without substantial innovation in power amplifier technology, Falcomm has developed a new class of solid-state power amplifier. Falcomm's technology represents a breakthrough in the search for an ultra-efficient power amplifier. Our proprietary technology was developed at Georgia Tech and our team has an aggregate of over 20 years of experience designing semiconductor solutions to address a wide variety of high-impact applications, including wireless communication and radar.We are looking for individuals who are excited about innovation in the semiconductor field and all things startups. Attached is a document outlining the position. Go Falcomm!Contact email: email@example.com
Falcomm was founded with a mission to bring semiconductor innovation to the real world. Today, Falcomm is actively developing new semiconductor technologies to provide the most energy efficient power amplifier products in the world.Silicon Based Power Amplifier DesignerRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Simulate and model RFIC systems at high level and work with system architects
- Derive specifications for the RFIC subsystems and circuits
- Develop RF/microwave circuits in state-of-the-art SiGe, CMOS, and SOI processes from GlobalFoundries
- Perform IC floor planning and layout
- Model package and external parasitic components
- Evaluate and characterize prototypes of the design
- Characterize and analyze full radio performance
- Assist in the development of automated test lab equipment for lab measurements
- Work with manufacturing engineers on production testing and qualification of the RFIC components and systems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering or computer engineering
- Passionate about RF/microwave integrated circuits
- Excited about innovation
- Desire to learn
- PhD/Master/bachelor’s in electrical engineering with an emphasis in RF/microwave integrated circuits design
- Experience using simulation tools such as Keysight PathWave Designs Suite (ADS, SystemVue, GoldenGate, Momentum), Spectre, HFSS
- Strong circuit design skills, and experience performing analysis and simulation of both linear and non-linear circuits for power amplifiers and other related RF circuit blocks
- Knowledge of digital communication systems, spread spectrum, single and multi-carrier techniques and modulation types such as QPSK, APSK and QAM
- Knowledge of RF transceiver architectures
- RF/microwave design in the GSM band, Ku-band, K-band and Ka-band frequency range
- Familiarity with radio related test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, vector signal analyzers, vector signal generator, network analyzers
- Experience characterizing radio performance in microwave frequencies
- You must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., or eligible to obtain the required work authorization authorizations.
- Falcomm is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with Falcomm is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants wishing to view a copy of Falcomm’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify Falcomm.
Falcomm, Inc.email: firstname.lastname@example.orgAll Information Is Preliminary and Subject to Change
- On-site preferred but not required - Atlanta, GA.
Openings at Intel Santa Clara for PhDs in ECE
Openings at Intel Santa Clara for PhDs in ECEI am an alumni of Purdue ECE and currently work for Intel Corporation at Santa Clara, CA.I would like to bring to your attention that we are looking to hire outstanding Device Engineers at Intel’s NAND Design, Technology and Manufacturing Group. Our group is responsible for the cutting edge R&D needed for scaling Intel’s Nand memory arrays to build world class SSDs. We would really appreciate it if you propagate this announcement to the candidates in Purdue graduate ECE, especially folk in MN.We are looking for candidates with a PhD in Semiconductor Devices, Nano electronics, computer engineering, physics, or a similar field. Candidates are expected to have a good command of semiconductor device fundamentals, have demonstrated good problem solving skills in their graduate research, and have exceptional communication skills.Candidates close to their graduation can feel free to reach out with their resume to me: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.Thanks,Tarek Ameen
Zoox is hiring for Internships
Zoox is hiring for InternshipsZoox is a cool company developing autonomous driving taxi’s in San Francisco. They are hiring several interns/co-op’s especially for the fall semester. I am pretty sure they would appreciate graduate students for many of these positions.They have internships still available! The internships can occur any time of the year. The available job roles are below and a PDF copy is also attached. Students can apply directly to the link and then email email@example.com informing them that they have applied, so they don't miss the application.Joe TortAssociate Director, Office of Professional PracticePotter Hall, Room 114 | 500 Central Dr. | West Lafayette, IN 47907o: 765-494-7323Available Internship OpportunitiesAdvanced Hardware Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Internship/Co-op
- Embedded Firmware Engineer Internship/Co-op
- FPGA Engineer Internship/Co-op
- Hardware Test Engineer Internship/Co-op
- Optical Engineer Internship/Co-op
- Backend Software Engineer Internship/Co-op
- Calibration, Localization, & Mapping Internship/Co-op
- Firmware Internship
- Infrastructure Internship/Co-op
- Planning & Controls Internship/Co-op
- Prediction Internship/Co-op
- Robot Motion & Control Internship/Co-op
- Simulation Internship/Co-op
- Software Engineer - Cybersecurity Internship/Co-op
- Software HIL Internship/Co-op
- System Software QA Engineering Internship/Co-op
NVIDIA is actively hiring for new college graduates!
NVIDIA is actively hiring for new college graduates!NVIDIA has some exciting news – we are still actively hiring for new college graduates!As we are nearing the end of our Spring 2022 recruiting season, we are still looking to engage with students who are preparing to graduate from undergrad and graduate level programs in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, and other related fields.Would your team be willing to share this link and attached flyer with Purdue students that may still be searching for full-time roles?The flyer attached has a list of highlighted Hardware opportunities available for new college graduates, as well as some high-level benefits we provide.Delaney Stryczek (she/her)University Recruiting, Campus ManagerNVIDIAINVENT THE FUTURE WITH USThere are endless opportunities at NVIDIA, and you have the freedom to explore them all. It is all about landing where you are the most valued, challenged, and inspired in your work.Complete this form to connect with us about career opportunitiesHARDWARE ROLES
NEW COLLEGE GRADUATE PROGRAM
- ASIC Design
- ASIC Design Efficiency
- ASIC Verification
- Formal Verification
- GPU Design Verification
- Hardware Design
- HPC Architecture
- Power Architecture
- Verification Memory
- Controllers / Systems
Free online learning and development courses + access to our Executive Speaker Series
Networking events throughout the year and casual coffee chats with our NVIDIA community
Excitement & Fun
ENJOY doing your life's work at NVIDIA! Take advantage of our NCG game nights, movie nights, and more.BENEFITS
For more open roles, visit here.
- Industry Leading Health Coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Family Planning Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment
Openings: Faculty Positions
IIT Kanpur's Ph. D. Recruitment Drive
IIT Kanpur's Ph. D. Recruitment DriveThe newly established Department of Design at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India is very actively looking for individuals with excellent academic and research record for full-time positions of Electrical and Computer Engineering Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor.Successful candidates will teach and conduct research in diverse areas of Design, including those related to mechanical engineering. The attached document provides details about our hiring needs.May I request you to please help us in this regard by sharing this email and the attachment with your students, colleagues, and other contacts. In case they have any questions, they can write to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.Nachiketa Tiwari, Ph. D.Professor and HeadDepartment of DesignIndian Institute of Technology KanpurKanpur 208 016INDIA+91-966-927-0306Greetings from Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur, India!The Department of Design is soliciting applications from Indian and Foreign Nationals with excellent academic, and research record for full-time positions of Professor, Associate Professor, and Assistant Professor.Successful candidates will teach and conduct research in diverse areas of Design (including engineering, and technology), with emphasis on one or more of the following areas.
May I request you to please share this letter with your colleagues, graduate students, and others. Interested individuals can apply by visiting https://www.iitk.ac.in/dofa/rolling-advertisement. They can also write to me directly at email@example.com if they have any questions.Nachiketa Tiwari, Ph. D.Tel: +91-512-2597509Fax: 0091-512-2597408Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Animation, Illustration
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Bio-Mimetics, Bio-Design, Bio-Medical Devices
- Cognitive Science, Mind Investigations, Interpretation of Aural and Visual Data
- Control Systems – Theories, Applications, and Design
- Design, Analysis and Fabrication of Electronic Systems
- Design of Information Systems
- Design for Manufacturing, CAD
- Design for Packaging
- Graphics Design
- Human-Computer Interaction, Human-Machine Interaction, Ergonomics
- Industrial Design, Product Design
- Innovation, Intellectual Properties, Regulations and Standards
- Interaction Design
- Internet of Things
- Marketing, Economic/Business Models for New Products, Design Management
- Sensors, Support Devices, and Data/Signal Processing
- Simulation Methods for Engineering Design (as applicable to Fluid & Solid Mechanics, Dynamics)
- Systems Design and Engineering
- Virtual Reality, and Augmented Reality
- Visual Communication
- User Experience, User Interaction
Founding Tenured/Tenure-Track Faculty
Founding Tenured/Tenure-Track FacultyWe are hiring faculty in system, architecture, circuit, and device areas with highly competitive salaries in the world and leading-edge research facilities.The attachment and below provides more details. And you may find our faculty list at this link.Prof. Jiang XUActing Department Head of Microelectronics ThrustHong Kong University of Science and Technology (Guangzhou)eexu.home.ece.ust.hk
Founding Tenured/Tenure-Track FacultyThe Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) is a leading international university ranked 3rd by Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2022 and 34th by QS World University Rankings 2022. HKUST establishes HKUST(GZ) in Guangzhou, China (hkust-gz.edu.cn). HKUST(GZ) synergizes with and maintains the same academic standard as HKUST. Microelectronics Thrust is an academic department in HKUST(GZ) and focuses on integrating novel devices into circuits, architecting information systems, and automating their designs and optimizations. English is the instruction and administration medium at HKUST(GZ), and a good command of written and spoken English is required.OPENINGS in Microelectronics Thrust are tenured/tenure-track positions at the ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor with the following basic requirements.
APPLICANTS should have a PhD degree and research in areas such as the following.
- Applicants of tenure-track Assistant Professor should demonstrate strong research and teaching potentials.
- Applicants of Associate Professor should have a proven record in research, teaching, student supervision, and funding.
- Applicants of Professor should have world-class academic achievements, international academic leadership, and an established track record in teaching, student supervision and funding.
SALARY is of international standard and highly competitive. Generous research funding, ample laboratory space, and excellent research equipment and support will be provided. All the positions are in mainland China and offered by the HKUST(GZ) in accordance with the local employment laws and regulations. The appointments to Full Professor and Associate Professor will be made on substantive basis. The initial appointments to Assistant Professor will be made on a fixed-term contract of up to three years, and re-appointments thereafter will be subject to performance and mutual agreement.APPLICATIONS should be submitted at https://facrecruit.hkust.edu.hk which will be open until the positions are filled. If there is any question, please contact the Acting Department Head, Prof. Jiang Xu, at email@example.com. HKUST(GZ) is committed to equal opportunity and diversity in recruitment and employment. We strongly encourage candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply. You can find the list of our existing faculty at https://facultyprofiles.hkust-gz.edu.cn/thrust-faculties?code=10011A10000000000H22.
- Electronic design automation; photonic design automation; hardware-software codesign; modeling and simulation technology
- Processor, memory, and storage system architecture; reconfigurable architecture; interconnection network; multiprocessor
- HPC and data center; embedded system; system-on-chip; system-in-package; power management; thermal management
- Quantum computing; neural computing; approximate computing
- Compilation techniques; operating system; system software
- RF/mm-Wave/terahertz technology; integrated photonic circuit; memory device; quantum device; emerging technology