ECE Student Career Opportunities
All students should register with CCO early in their academic careers.
Full-time openings: Undergraduate
Full-time openings: Graduate
MicroLink Devices: Solar Cell Device Engineer Position
Job Description:MicroLink Devices is seeking a Solar Cell Device Engineer to assist in the design and development ofphotovoltaic devices suitable for space, UAV, and terrestrial applications. MicroLink’s current devicetechnologies are focused on ultra-thin, GaAs-based multi-junction solar cells fabricated using an epitaxiallift-off (ELO) technology. The successful candidate will be responsible for:1. Developing novel solar cell designs and technologies for improved performance,2. Characterizing and qualifying cell performance to meet customer requirements, and3. Transitioning cell development from laboratory demonstration to production scale.Prior experience in the design and development of solar cells or related optoelectronic components isrequired.Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and qualification:
- Conduct photovoltaic device development activities as part of the Engineering team.
- Develop multi-junction solar cell design concepts and structures to provide performance improvements over existing technologies.
- Perform device and materials characterization on multi-junction devices to assess cell performance and identify paths for improvement.
- Participate in process development in collaboration with wafer fabrication team.
- Evaluate and improve existing methods for solar cell test and characterization.
- Evaluate and identify new tools required for characterization of bare cells and packaged cell assemblies.
- Perform supporting role in sustaining operation of advanced processing and characterization tools.
- Assist in transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing.
- Assist in design of new products and technology platforms.
- Assist in development of new processes for packaging wafer-scale, ultra-thin solar cells in lightweight, flexible assemblies.
- Contribute to report and proposal preparation as required.
- Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, or related field is desired
- Experience in semiconductor device design and process development
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand the English language
About MicroLink DevicesMicroLink Devices is an exciting, dynamic new business specializing in the design, development andmanufacture of solar cells for spacecraft, aircraft, and terrestrial applications. The company possesses acore competence in the design and growth of high-performance semiconductor materials, which it hasleveraged to enter the solar cell market in the last few years. MicroLink’s staff possesses more than 100years of combined experience in world-class, high-volume semiconductor manufacturing companies. Witha limited number of firms meeting the increasing demand for high performance solar cells andsemiconductors, MicroLink’s outlook is very promising.As a young company with a bright future, the opportunities for employees are unrestricted. The philosophyof MicroLink Devices is to allow every employee the opportunity to mature into a position that is rewardingboth to the individual and to the company. At MicroLink Devices, Inc., you will gain a wealth ofexperience.Located in the northern Chicago suburbs, MicroLink has an attractive and pleasant working environment.The company offers a full package of benefits, including paid vacation, health insurance, dental insurance,401(k) with employer match, and disability insurance.
- Strong understanding of semiconductor devices and device physics
- Capable of working on multiple tasks and projects
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities, and organizational skills
- Highly detail oriented and self motivated
- Able to work with minimum supervision
- Job offer will be contingent upon completing a successful limited background investigation.
- Must be eligible to work in the US, no sponsorship provided for this position.
GE Research Edison Program (MS candidates)
I lead the Edison Engineering Development Program at GE Global Research, which is an early career rotational program designed for Masters graduates in engineering and computer science interested in applied R&D.We are always looking for great candidates for this program, specifically students with the following qualifications:• Masters Degree• Target Majors - Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng., Materials Sci./Eng., Computer Science• Permanent US work authorization (US Citizen or Green Card holder)Current research areas and potential project opportunities available to program members include:• EE – embedded computing, IoT, cybersecurity, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms, power electronics, power systems, electric machines design• CS – embedded computing, IoT, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence/machine learning, computer vision, image analytics, scalable data analytics, cloud computing, blockchain, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms• ME – rotordynamics, hands-on advanced mechanical systems (bearings, gears, couplings, rotors), lifing, mechanical structural analysis & computation, CFD, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms, thermal sciences, fluids, heat transfer, thermodynamics• MatSci - high temperature metal alloys, composites, ceramics, materials for additive manufacturingWe are visiting Purdue for the career fair the week of September 9th and are looking forward to meeting qualified students during our visit. Please encourage students to apply to our job postings on www.gecareers.com:• Masters students graduating before June 2020 should apply to our FULL TIME job posting # 3229598• Masters students graduating after June 2020 should apply to our INTERN job posting # 3344976I also welcome any personal recommendations you may have for outstanding masters students in your department. These referrals may be sent to me directly, email@example.com.Thank you for helping us to connect with outstanding students in your department.Best,Tiffany E. WestendorfEdison Engineering Development Program LeaderGE Global ResearchFollow us on Twitter: @GEResearchEEDP
Baylor Faculty Openings
On behalf of the Baylor ECE Department, I wanted to bring to your attention the attached advertisement for two faculty openings at Baylor this year. We are hiring a tenure-track/tenured (full, associate, or assistant prof.) faculty member in wireless and microwave, and are also seeking a clinical faculty member open to all areas of ECE with lesser academic requirements but significant industry experience.Thank you for helping us spread the word!Charles Baylis, Ph.D.Associate Professor and Director, Wireless and Microwave Circuits and Systems (WMCS) ProgramDepartment of Electrical and Computer EngineeringBaylor UniversityBaylor UniversityFaculty PositionsBaylor University is a private Christian university and a nationally ranked research institution, consistently listed with highest honors among The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For.” The University is recruiting new faculty with a deep commitment to excellence in teaching, research and scholarship. Baylor seeks faculty who share in our aspiration to become a tier one research institution while strengthening our distinctive Christian mission as described in our strategic vision, Pro Futuris, (www.baylor.edu/profuturis/) and academic strategic plan, Illuminate (baylor.edu/illuminate). As the world’s largest Baptist University, Baylor offers over 40 doctoral programs and has more than 17,000 students from all 50 states and more than 85 countries.Baylor seeks to fill the following two faculty position within the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department: (i) Tenured/Tenure-Track Assistant/Associate/Full Professor and (ii) Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor. For tenured/tenure-track faculty, applicants must possess an earned doctorate and an active research agenda in the area of wireless and microwave circuits and systems. For clinical faculty, applicants must possess an earned masters or doctorate degree, extensive industry experience, and demonstrate the potential for excellent teaching. The ECE department offers B.S., M.S., M.E., and Ph.D. degrees and is rapidly expanding its faculty size, with current focus areas in wireless & microwave, biomedical, computer, cyber-physical, materials, and sustainable energy. Facilities include the Baylor Research and Innovation Collaborative (BRIC), a newly-established research park minutes from the main campus.Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the January 1, 2020 deadline. Applications must include:1) a letter of interest that identifies the applicant’s anticipated rank,2) a complete CV,3) a concise statement of research agenda (tenure track only),4) a concise statement of teaching interests, and5) the names and contact information for at least four professional references.Additional information is available at www.ecs.baylor.edu. Should you have any questions on the position, feel free to contact the search chair, Dr. Keith Schubert at firstname.lastname@example.org. Materials will be submitted through Interfolio. For a direct link to the application portal, please go to jobs.baylor.eduBaylor University is a private not-for-profit university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, Baylor is committed to compliance with all applicable anti-discrimination laws, including those regarding age, race, color, sex, national origin, marital status, pregnancy status, military service, genetic information, and disability. As a religious educational institution, Baylor is lawfully permitted to consider an applicant’s religion as a selection criterion. Baylor encourages candidates of the Christian faith who are women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRICAL AND COMPUTER ENGINEERINGSCHOOL OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCEOne Bear Place # 97356 . WACO, TEXAS 76798-7356 . (254) 710-4188 . FAX (254) 710-3010
C-Design LAB position
My name is Sangpil Kim and working at C-Design LAB.We would like to hire ECE MS or undergraduate student.We will pay $8~10 per hour.The student should know how to do C++.The work will be helping deep learning research related to computer vision with multi-sensor such as RGB-D and thermal cameras.For more details, the student will help to record the action recognition video as well as coding C++ programming for deep learning program.Letting me know if you have any questions.Sincerely,Sangpil Kim
Hardware Engineer with Indiana Microelectronics, LLC
Hardware EngineerPosition Available Immediately - Part-time or Full-time(Location: Purdue Research Park, West Lafayette, IN)Indiana Microelectronics, LLC (www.IndianaMicro.com) researches, designs, and manufactures reconfigurable (tunable) microwave filters and is currently recruiting for the following position:Hardware Engineer Job Description• Hardware Design (Necessary)
• Software Design (Desirable)
- Experience in circuit board layout & design (Altium experience preferred)
- Experience in circuit testing and debugging
- DC-DC converters
• RF Engineering Interest/Experience (Desirable)
- FPGA HDL programming (Verilog preferred)
- Digital Communications (SPI, TCP/IP, etc.)
• US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) (Required)• Junior, Senior, or Graduate• Send resume to: Steve Cuppy Indiana Microelectronics, LLCO: 434-386-2251
- Modeling & Simulation
- Familiarity with Test Equipment (e.g., network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, signal generator)
R&D Design Engineering Intern
Do you have an interest in working with microcontrollers, FPGA, and circuits? Our research team at MR-Link LLC (co-founded by Prof. Zhongming Liu) is working on exciting new developments in the medical device field. We are offering a paid internship position for undergraduate or graduate students with keen interest in device development, testing and manufacturing.
If you are interested, please contact Dr. Zhongming Liu (email: email@example.com).
MR-Link aims to deliver novel, MRI-compatible medical devices for physiological recording and stimulation based on technologies developed at Purdue University. Imaging, recording, and stimulation are complementary ways to study the structures, functions, and pathologies of the brain. Our products are unique, affordable, and offer a scalable solution to integrate multiple diagnostic imaging techniques and their respective benefits. The company’s long-term goal is developing its technology to deliver an affordable and MRI-compatible EEG system to the clinical human market. The path the company will take to reach this goal is to primarily cater its products to the animal research market to refine the technology for clinical trials, FDA approval process, and ultimately meet the standard required in the clinical setting for human subjects. We at MR-Link believe that our technology will accelerate the progress in the understanding, diagnosis, and prevention of various brain disorders and enable researchers and clinicians to develop novel treatment plans with improved success rates and a better quality of care for patients.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Designing circuit layouts
- Fabricating PCB’s and Soldering components
- Hardware debugging and testing
- Perform experiments
- Operate animal MRI scanner
- Gather data and documentation
- Strong analytical and quantitative abilities with strong communication skills
- Solid understanding of electrical circuits (passive and active).
- Must be currently available and authorized to work for any company in the USA.
- You will participate in training during the first two weeks of your internship. This training program will expose you to our culture and provide you with a knowledge base to draw upon throughout the remainder of your internship and beyond
- Compensation – Interns receive a competitive hourly salary depending on the skill level
- Rewards – Interns who successfully complete the program may be considered for full-time employment
ASSIA Communication Systems Expert Openings
ASSIA software solutions, algorithms, and innovations enable reliably fast broadband and Wi-Fi internet connectivity to consumers everywhere. ASSIA’s systems are used by roughly 40 internet service providers globally in more than 100 million homes every day. The present opening regards use of data sciences and optimization technologies in Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity to advance ASSIA’s Cloudcheck software management solution. The position also involves use of learning algorithms to assess consumer Wi-Fi related issues and consequent Quality of Internet Experience.
ASSIA System Experts create and use next generation Wi-Fi and 5G technologies in radio resource management, mesh networking, and connectivity management. These systems experts help lead a global group develop products in these areas. System Experts will have an opportunity to make a significant impact at a fast growing company (www.assia-inc.com)
- Create and develop optimization and diagnostics algorithms for Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
- Analyze big data collected from large Wi-Fi networks and mobile devices using machine learning
- Analyze physical, link, and network layer performance
- Work with large broadband/Wi-Fi service providers, and present the results based on the field data.
Desired Experience and Qualifications include some of:
- Knowledge of 802.11 transmission layer systems and management protocols
- Experience in machine learning and big data tools
- Experience in network management systems is highly desirable
- Experience in cellular wireless technologies is a plus Experience or familiarity with standards is a plus
- MS or (preferred) PhD degree in EE/CS or related field
Additional desired skills or ability to learn:
Contact: John Cioffi at firstname.lastname@example.org (email@example.com also ok) or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programming (JAVA and C++ preferred)
- Familiarity with Unix environment and scripting tools - Python
- Database skills including big data techniques like Map/Reduce
- Work equally well with people in technical, executive, and sales roles
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; able to build trusting relationships within a diverse team and across global organizations
CELLSOR LLC: Computer Engineer Position
A small Bloomington, IN - based start-up company is looking for a talented computer engineer for a work-for-hire basis from now until Dec 2019 to solve a specific hardware problem of extracting power output (in Watts) from a recumbent bike equipped with a CSAFE RJ45 outlet, during an exercise session. This will probably involve dealing with a serial port in machine language and writing a firmware that can translate the CSAFE framework instructions into the port.
Depending on the solution provided, the work-for-hire basis (with potential compensation up to 10,000 US$) can transform to a partnership.
If you are interested to learn more, please email Amit Hagar at email@example.com and leave a phone number so I can get back to you.Amit Hagar, Ph.D.CEO and FounderCELLSOR LLC
Ford Motor Company Hiring Opportunities
Ford seeks talented, energetic individuals to join our team and help us build smart vehicles for a smart world!BS, MS, and PhD graduates in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Controls Engineering, Computer Science or related fields are invited to apply. Visa sponsorship may be available for some positions.Opportunities include:33882 - Advanced Electrical Systems Architecture Research Engineer33883 - In-vehicle Compute Hardware Research Engineer34057 - Research Software Engineer34130 - Connectivity Research Engineer34208 - Advanced Application Software EngineerAnd many more!Search these job numbers at careers.ford.com for more information and to submit your application!See attached for the application process.
Job Opportunities with Pony.ai
My name is Matthias Tan (Purdue ECE PhD, 2015); current Director of Business Development at Pony.ai, an autonomous vehicle startup based in Silicon Valley.I wanted to pass along 3 job opportunities (links below) for recent/prospective PhD graduates with focus in optics. I would really appreciate it, if you could help circulatethese job postings within the department.I believe Purdue ECE students would make a great addition to our team here at Pony.ai. Prospective candidates can directly reach out to me.Please let me know of any questions.Best regards,Matthias
Truman and Hruby Fellowship Announcements-Sandia National Laboratories
Sandia National Laboratories is beginning its campaign to attract qualified candidates for the Harry S. Truman Fellowship and Jill Hruby Fellowship in National Security Science and Engineering. The deadline for applying is November 1, 2019. Attached are flyers that can be shared, encouraging qualified individuals to apply.
The Fellowships are three-year appointments. Recipients conduct independent research that supports Sandia's national security mission; the Hruby Fellows also participate in a leadership development program that will prepare them for career advancement in their field. Please encourage your top PhD students in science or engineering to apply.
Fellows may work at either principal Sandia location, Albuquerque, NM or Livermore, CA. The salary is $111,200. Candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance, which requires US citizenship, and be seeking their first national laboratory appointment. They must have been awarded a PhD within three years at the time of application or will have completed all PhD requirements by commencement of the appointment (October 2020).
Our web sites provide additional information on steps required to apply:
Truman Fellowship: http://www.sandia.gov/careers/students_postdocs/fellowships/truman_fellowship.html; contact Yolanda Moreno (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hruby Fellowship: http://www.sandia.gov/careers/students_postdocs/fellowships/hruby_fellowship.html; contact Kelly S. Collins (email@example.com).
Marcey Hoover, PhD
Director, Quality Assurance
Sandia National Laboratories
P.O. Box 5800 MS-0469
Albuquerque, New Mexico 87185