ECE Student Career Opportunities
All students should register with CCO early in their academic careers.
Full-time openings: Undergraduate
Full-time openings: Graduate
Engineering Jobs at Roche
Here is an immediate need at Roche for Engineers in ME, EE, BME and Chemistry.https://www.roche.com/careers/jobs/jobsearch/job.htm?id=E-202003-108725&locale=en&title=Field+Engineering+Specialist+-+Nationwide+OpportunityAnyone interested should contact Jon Ferency, and he will help them connect to the right people at Roche.Jon R FerencySenior Director – Office of Industry PartnershipsThe College of Engineering at Purdue UniversityCell: (317) 696 – 4386 Office: (765) 494 - 9142 Email: email@example.com
Job opening at KLA-TENCOR
Jingjing Liu, a Purdue ECE graduate has a job opening with her company KLA-TENCOR. The role is to perform optical modelling for defect detection. Below is the job description. Send your resume directly to Jingjing or click here to apply.
Algo Engineer, P3Minimum Qualification: Ph.D. or M.S. + 3 year experienceQualification:
Keyword:Classical Optics, Fourier Optics, Computation Lithography, Optimization, Algorithm development, Applied Mathematics, Deep Learning, Convolution Neural Network, C++, Linux,Job description:KLA is seeking a motivated individual for an engineer position in world-class algorithm group within the reticle product division (RAPID).
- Classical and Fourier optics
- Computation lithography knowledge strongly preferred
- Algorithm development with C++ in unix / linux environment
- Linear and non-linear optimizations
- Capability to formulate creative solutions through analyzing complex data
- Machine Learning for image applications
- Good communication skills
- Ph.D. or MS in Physics, Applied Math, EE, Computer Science or related discipline
- This individual will utilize his/her skills in Fourier optics, mathematics, and software to develop algorithms to be integrated into KLA’s state of the art inspection platforms.
- Responsibilities of this position include develop optical modeling of the inspection systems; improve formulation and calibration for better accuracy. This requires abstracting specific tasks into generic mathematic problem and finding customized algorithm solutions; balancing between rigor and practicality through comprehensive data analysis.
- This person is expected to bring forward creative ideas, develop production code and provide support as needed. This candidate shall be able to work independently and with a project team; provide input to hardware group on image quality and error budget base on Algorithm design and performance; engage constructively with marketing on product requirements and provide training to application team.
- Significant experience in C++ production software development and object-oriented programming is essential. Previous deployment of Convolution Neural Network for image applications is preferred.
- The candidate is expected to possess good oral and written communications skills to interact with other development and applications engineers daily.
Comlux: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING JOB
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for methods, processes and software tools to develop an End to End electrical harnesses process (from the architecture/schema to the tested harness) of VIP aircraft completions.EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:1. Design and deploy of an full End-to-End digital electrical process.2. Introduce Electrical MPT (Methods, Process and Tools) in the Company.3. Design and implement a new electrical testing system.4. Build and run Concurrent Engineering team with Engineering.5. Using company procedures, applies intermediate level engineering knowledge to resolve moderate to complex issues.6. Actively works to improve daily processes, and ensures all work meets completion aircraft requirements.7. Performs other duties as assigned.8. Effective cost efficiency and lead times.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, LICENSES, ETC:1. Master or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Systems Engineering.REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:1. Knowledge of SolidWork Electric software (preferred) or any other existing electrical software.2. Proficient with SolidWork Mechanical software (preferred) or any other existing CAD software.3. Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.4. Background with the design of electrical systems.5. Background with the testing of electrical systems.6. Requires reasoning/analytical skills to creatively design and problem solve.7. Strong communication and problem-solving skills.8. Strong time-management and organizational skills.WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.The office building where this position works is a typical office environment with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues in the immediate vicinity of the work station. The employee in this position will experience occasional outdoor exposure to heat, cold, and environmental elements when called upon to locate personnel working inside or outside of a Hangar.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:The physical demands described here is representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.Frequency of Physical Demand% denotes the percentage of time engaged in the activityC: Constant (67-100%) F: Frequent (34-66%) O: Occasional (11-33%)S: Seldom (<10%) N: Never (not at all)
Activity Frequency Additional Information Sitting C Standing S Walking S Driving N Lifting: 20 lb O Carrying: 20 lb O Climbing Stairs/Ladders S Bending at Wrist S Twisting at Waist S Crouching/Kneeling S Reaching F Repetitive Motion C Talking F Hearing F Seeing C Temperature Extreme S 80% indoors l 20% Outdoors Comments for line above Walking in between hangars as neededORGANIZATIONAL STRUCTURE:Reports to: Chief Technical Officer (CTO), Technology and R&D Department – Digital Transformation Manages: NoneCareer Path: Senior Engineer
New CS Internship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
Opportunity for an internship at Memorial Sloan Kettering for PhD and MS students in computer science. This flexible program (any calendar start date, duration of 3-9 months) is designed for computationally-minded students interested in the application of their skills to cancer biology, using real patient data.Full details available here:and the application portal can be found at : https://csip.mskcc.org/csipclient/login.aspxIf you have any questions about the program please contact Ushma Neill.Ushma S. Neill, PhDVice President, Scientific Education & TrainingMemorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065
GE Research Edison Program (MS candidates)
I lead the Edison Engineering Development Program at GE Global Research, which is an early career rotational program designed for Masters graduates in engineering and computer science interested in applied R&D.We are always looking for great candidates for this program, specifically students with the following qualifications:• Masters Degree• Target Majors - Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng., Materials Sci./Eng., Computer Science• Permanent US work authorization (US Citizen or Green Card holder)Current research areas and potential project opportunities available to program members include:• EE – embedded computing, IoT, cybersecurity, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms, power electronics, power systems, electric machines design• CS – embedded computing, IoT, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence/machine learning, computer vision, image analytics, scalable data analytics, cloud computing, blockchain, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms• ME – rotordynamics, hands-on advanced mechanical systems (bearings, gears, couplings, rotors), lifing, mechanical structural analysis & computation, CFD, model-based control, advanced controls/controls algorithms, thermal sciences, fluids, heat transfer, thermodynamics• MatSci - high temperature metal alloys, composites, ceramics, materials for additive manufacturingWe are visiting Purdue for the career fair the week of September 9th and are looking forward to meeting qualified students during our visit. Please encourage students to apply to our job postings on www.gecareers.com:• Masters students graduating before June 2020 should apply to our FULL TIME job posting # 3229598• Masters students graduating after June 2020 should apply to our INTERN job posting # 3344976I also welcome any personal recommendations you may have for outstanding masters students in your department. These referrals may be sent to me directly, firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for helping us to connect with outstanding students in your department.Best,Tiffany E. WestendorfEdison Engineering Development Program LeaderGE Global ResearchFollow us on Twitter: @GEResearchEEDP
ASSIA Communication Systems Expert Openings
ASSIA software solutions, algorithms, and innovations enable reliably fast broadband and Wi-Fi internet connectivity to consumers everywhere. ASSIA’s systems are used by roughly 40 internet service providers globally in more than 100 million homes every day. The present opening regards use of data sciences and optimization technologies in Wi-Fi and mobile connectivity to advance ASSIA’s Cloudcheck software management solution. The position also involves use of learning algorithms to assess consumer Wi-Fi related issues and consequent Quality of Internet Experience.
ASSIA System Experts create and use next generation Wi-Fi and 5G technologies in radio resource management, mesh networking, and connectivity management. These systems experts help lead a global group develop products in these areas. System Experts will have an opportunity to make a significant impact at a fast growing company (www.assia-inc.com)
- Create and develop optimization and diagnostics algorithms for Wi-Fi and mobile networks.
- Analyze big data collected from large Wi-Fi networks and mobile devices using machine learning
- Analyze physical, link, and network layer performance
- Work with large broadband/Wi-Fi service providers, and present the results based on the field data.
Desired Experience and Qualifications include some of:
- Knowledge of 802.11 transmission layer systems and management protocols
- Experience in machine learning and big data tools
- Experience in network management systems is highly desirable
- Experience in cellular wireless technologies is a plus Experience or familiarity with standards is a plus
- MS or (preferred) PhD degree in EE/CS or related field
Additional desired skills or ability to learn:
Contact: John Cioffi at email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org also ok) or email@example.com
- Programming (JAVA and C++ preferred)
- Familiarity with Unix environment and scripting tools - Python
- Database skills including big data techniques like Map/Reduce
- Work equally well with people in technical, executive, and sales roles
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; able to build trusting relationships within a diverse team and across global organizations