Macaddino named Academic All-Big Ten Honoree
The 68 winter honorees was just shy of the department record (71) from the 2018-19 school year. To be eligible for Academic All-Big Ten, student-athletes must be enrolled full-time at their university for a minimum of 12 months and carry a cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 or higher.
Swimming & diving accounted for 67% (46 of 68) of the Academic All-Big Ten recipients, with both programs seeing their totals increase from last year. The women at the pool had 25 honorees and the men’s program produced a team-record 21. All of the Engineering students named are swimmers.
Dale Williams (AAE) earned special recognition for maintaining a flawless 4.0 cumulative GPA. He was among a select group of 20 seniors to be three-year Academic All-Big Ten honorees.
Kelsey Macaddino (BME) was named in 2019 as well as 2020.
Purdue Engineering 2021 Winter Sports Academic All-Big Ten Honorees
- Elliot Cooper - Chemical Engineering
- Kal Findley - Industrial Engineering
- Ryan Lawrence - Mechanical Engineering
- Nick Sherman - Mechanical Engineering
- Michael Smith - Electrical Engineering
- Dale Williams - Aeronautical & Astronautical Engineering
- Kelsey Macaddino - Biomedical Engineering (2020, 2019)
- Erin Verbrugge - Materials Science & Engineering
- Leanna Wall - Chemical Engineering
Source: Purdue Athletics, 68 Boilermakers Named Academic All-Big Ten for Winter Season