Advancing Health: An Engineering-Medicine Partnership
|Event Date:||May 3, 2019|
|Hosted By:||College of Engineering and IU School of Medicine
|Time:||1:00 p.m - 5:15 p.m.
|Location:||University Tower, IUPUI, 875 North St., Indianapolis, IN
|Contact Name:||Korina Wilbert
|Contact Phone:||(765) 496-6024
|School or Program:||Biomedical Engineering
Free and open to the public
University Tower, Indianapolis, Indiana
Keynote Presentation: What if Medical Technology Transformed Health?
1:00-2:00 p.m. Hine Hall Auditorium
Keynote Presenter: Jay Hess, Dean, Indiana University School of Medicine
Faculty Panel: Next-Generation Diagnostic & Therapeutic Technologies
2:00-3:00 p.m. Hine Hall Auditorium
Moderator: George Wodicka
IU School of Medicine Panelists: Mike Weiss, Raghu Mirmira, Mike Sturek
Purdue Panelists: Kinam Park, Sherry Harbin, Craig Goergen
Student Pitch Competition: Engineering 2169 Competition
3:00-4:00 p.m. Hine Hall Auditorium
Winners chosen by audience vote.
- Agudemu Borjigin, "Improving Auditory Research and Clinical Diagnosis using Virtual Reality"
- Anastasiia Vasiukhina, "How will we treat cancer in 20+ years?"
- Ashlee Colbert, "No More Infectious Disease, Eradication Please"
- Carolina Vivas-Valencia, "Hi Alexa, are you there? I've had a bad day!"
- Ravinderjit Singh, "Sensory Processing in Neuropsychiatric Disease Insights from the Auditory System"
- Freddy Damen, "Cardiac Imaging: The Future of Understanding the Body's Engine"
- Shruthi Suresh, "What IF You Could Predict a Heart Attack"
- Soumya Bandyopadhyay, "Hospitals in Homes: The Destiny of Healthcare"
Poster Session & Reception: 112 Posters Showcasing Student & Faculty Research
4:00 p.m. -5:15 p.m. University Tower Ballroom
Learn more about the Engineering--Medicine Partnership at: https://purdue-indiana.net/
The keynote, faculty panel, and pitch competition will be livestreamed. Livestream Information:
Dial: +1 646 558 8656
Webinar ID: 563 555 109
2019-05-03 14:00:00 2019-05-03 18:15:00 America/New_York Advancing Health: An Engineering-Medicine Partnership An event to showcase the successes, ongoing collaborations, and opportunities for the Engineering--Medicine Partnership between the Purdue College of Engineering and IU School of Medicine. University Tower, IUPUI, 875 North St., Indianapolis, IN