Purdue Online, College of Engineering offers a non-degree option that help students prepare for graduate level courses, explore graduate study, or develop new skills. If you wish to take a course without being formally admitted to an advanced degree program, you may do so under non-degree admission status. There is no fee to apply. Students in non-degree status will receive official Purdue academic credit for courses as a graduate student of the University. You must hold a bachelor's degree and have the necessary background for any courses you wish to take.
Before you can enroll in a course, you must be admitted to the Purdue Graduate School. Applications are accepted for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. It is recommended that you submit an application no later than two-weeks before the start of the semester. A complete application package for Non-Degree admission includes the following:
- A submitted electronic application to The Graduate School
- Campus: Select "West Lafayette (Main Campus)"
- Proposed Graduate Major: Select "Interdisciplinary Engineering"
- Degree Objective: Select "Non Degree"
- Proof of a bachelor's degree by either a copy of an official transcript or a copy of the original diploma
- Proof of English proficiency (if applicable)
Participation as a Non-Degree Student
Enrollment in courses as a non-degree student does not guarantee future admission to a degree program. If you are admitted later to an advanced degree or graduate certificate, a maximum of 12 credits taken in non-degree status may be applied. Check with the department of your intended degree program for their allowable pre-admission credits.