Neil Armstrong Hall of Engineering
701 West Stadium Avenue
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2045
- B.S., Engineering Science & Mechanics, 1987, Univ. of Tennessee
- M.S.E., Metallurgical Engineering, 1990, Univ. of Tennessee
- Ph.D., Metallurgical Engineering, 1994, Univ. of Tennessee.
Research Interest Solidification Processing, Single Crystal Growth, High Temperature Alloys Google Scholar Citations -
- Aisling Coughlan, David Johnson, Heidi A. Diefes-Dux, K. Anna Douglas, Kendra Erk, Tanya A. Faltens, and Alejandro Strachan “Enhanced Learning of Mechanical Behavior of Materials via Combined Experiments and nanoHUB Simulations: Learning Modules for Sophomore MSE Students ,” Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. (2015).
M Heiden A Kustas, K Chaput, E Nauman, D Johnson, L Stanciu, “Effect of microstructure and strain on the degradation behavior of novel bioresorbable iron–manganese alloy implants,” Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 103 (2015) 738-745.
S Zhang, DR Johnson, MJM Krane, “Influence of riser design on macrosegregation in static castings, International Journal of Cast Metals Research, 28(1) (2015) 28-38.
M Heiden, D Johnson, L Stanciu, “Surface modifications through dealloying of Fe-Mn and Fe-Mn-Zn alloys developed to create tailorable, nanoporous, bioresorbable surfaces,“Acta Materialia, 103 (2016) 115-127.
DR Johnson, C McCleary, MJM Krane, KP Trumble, “Measuring Thermomechanical Properties of AA7050 Near the Solidus Temperature,“ International Journal of Metalcasting, (2016) 1-10.
- MSE 230 Structure and Properties of Materials
- MSE 235 Materials Properties Laboratory
- MSE 430-440 Materials Processing and Design I and II
- MSE 367 Materials Processing Laboratory
- MSE 382 Mechanical Response of Materials
- MSE 536 Solidification Processing
- MSE 555 Deformation Mechanisms in Crystalline Solids
- MSE 556 Fracture of Materials