Undergraduate and Graduate Research Labs
- Undergraduate Labs
- The facility has an extensive array of tools available for micro-structural analysis, materials processing, and mechanical testing of metals, ceramics, polymers, composites, and a wide range of materials..
- Purdue Center for Metal Casting Research
- The Purdue Center for Metal Casting Research (PCMC) conducts interdisciplinary, industry-driven research and education programs to advance industrial metal casting practices and develop new commercial solidification processes.
- Microstructural Analysis Facilities
- The main function is to provide expertise, advice, and training on microstructural analysis needs of the Purdue community and outside users
- Electron Microscopy Facility Suite/B214 Lab
- This facility houses a wide range of SEMs, TEMs and associated sample preparation equipment that are available to both Purdue affiliated users and outside users.
- X-Ray Facility
- A broad range of x-ray diffraction capabilities are available in the facility for phase identification, phase characterization and texture analysis.
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- A VECCO MULTIMODE AFM and a VECCO D5000 are cost center instruments hosted within the Electron Microscopy Facility that are available users.
- Turner Laboratory for Electroceramics
- The focus of research is on electronic ceramics and the activities range from efforts to fabricate technologically important electronic products to attempts to understand the fundamentals of materials behavior.
- Computational Facilities
- This is among the largest and most varied academic computing resources in the nation, with systems ranging from supercomputers to microcomputers..
- Birck Nanotechnology Center
- The $58M Birck Nanotechnology Center opened in 2005. All of the state-of-the-art instrumentation, materials characterization tools and cleanroom facilities in the BNC are available for use by MSE graduate students, undergraduate researchers, faculty and postdoctoral fellows.
Request Access to MSE Labs
Please complete the Card Swipe Access Form