This specialization is designed for IE students who have an interest in the design, implementation, or management of software systems. It is intended to prepare Industrial Engineering students with the tools necessary to become and/or effectively work with software engineers. Additional details about the program are contained in the program document, accessible below.
Students are encouraged to apply after the completion of their sophomore year. Students applying to the program must submit the application document (accessible below), and an updated resume. The completed application document and resume must be submitted to Dr. Brunese (email@example.com) before being reviewed by the committee. If accepted, the student will be notified via email and the appropriate update will be made to the student's academic record indicating the pursuit of the specialization.
Supporting documents for enrolled students:
2. Seminar Attendance Assignments Documentation Reflection
Description: The purpose of the seminar requirement is for each student to reflect on the breadth and depth of the field of software engineering. As such, the following requirements are expected to document attendance and participation in available seminars.
- Notify Dr. Brunese of the seminar that you will attend, with any associated documentation of the seminar.
- Submit a summary of the seminar.
Summary Assignment Details:
- The key elements of the talk as they relate to the field of software engineering. Particular emphasis should be placed on where the talk fits within the software development lifecycle.
- The potential for the topic of the talk to contribute to the field of industrial engineering. Specifically, does the software (or model) developed have potential for impact in human-integrated systems in which IEs typically work, or could work.