Purdue IE Videos
At Purdue IE, we’re actively involved in finding ways to overcome today’s societal grand challenges. We are advancing engineering learning, discovery, and engagement through our revolutionary “ReThink IE” initiative to have a continuous transformative impact on the IE discipline and society.
Watch these videos about, from, and of interest to the Purdue University School of Industrial Engineering.
- Celebrate Grissom
- 20 Best Schools for Studying Industrial/Manufacturing/Systems Engineering (Graduate Programs – 2016 Best Colleges & Universities)
- ReThink IE (INFORMS)
- Purdue IE 50th Anniversary
Purdue IE Panel Discussions
- "IE=CEO: Dynamic Careers in Industrial Engineering", 2017 Homecoming Alumni Panel Discussion
Purdue IE Lectures & Seminars
- 2017 Pritsker Lecture – Jeffrey Rosenthal, "The Magic of Monte Carlo"
- 2015 Pritsker Lecture
- 2014 Pritsker Lecture
- 2013 Pritsker Lecture
- 2012 Pritsker Lecture
- 2017 (Nov.) Barash Lecture – Dr. Ferdinand Leimkuhler, "The Legacy of Moshe Barash"
- 2017 (Feb.) Barash Lecture – Ravi Venkatesan, "The Fourth Industrial Revolution"
- 2013 Barash Lecture – Dr. John Buzacott, "The Evolution of OR: From Operational Research to OR and Policy Analysis"
- 2012 Barash Lecture – Dr. Jonathan Caulkins, "Providing a Scientific Basis for Policy Making"
Distinguished Lecture Series
- "An Axiomatic Theory of Non Bayesian Social Learning" - Dr. Ali Jadbabaie (Mar. 6, 2018)
- "Decision-Support Tools for Healthcare Applications" - Dr. Pinar Keskinocak (Feb. 28, 2018)
"Computational Connectomics: Mapping and Modeling Complex Brain Networks" – Dr. Olaf Sporns (Dec. 6, 2017)
- "Variable Sample-size Stochastic Approximation (VSSA)" – Dr. Uday V. Shanbhag (Nov. 8, 2017)
- "Automation Complacency and the Lumberjack Analogy in Aerospace Systems" – Dr. Chris Wickens (Mar. 22, 2017)
- "Nonlinear Optimization Methods for Machine Learning" – Dr. Jorge Nocedal (Feb. 15, 2017)
Purdue IE Student Videos
- IISE Purdue Chapter (IISE 2017 1st Place Winner)
- “What is IE?”/“The Office” (IISE 2016 1st Place Winner)
- “What is IE?” (IISE 2015 2nd Place Winner)
- IE 370 (Manufacturing Processes I) videos
Videos featuring Purdue IE Faculty & Students
STEM-designed Assistive Technology, featuring Prof. of Practice in IE Brad Duerstock and PhD Student Ting Zhang
STAR Platform Overview Video, presented by IE Assoc. Prof. Juan Pablo Wachs & students
- SPEDs: Self-powered, Paper-based Electrochemical Devices, presented by Asst. Prof. Ramses Martinez
- Prince Rupert's Drops: 400 Year Old Mystery Revealed, presented by Prof. Srinivasan Chandrasekhar
- 2016 TEDx Purdue: Wisdom in Our Hands, presented by IE Assoc. Prof. Juan Pablo Wachs
- Office of Technology & Commercialization: Prehensile Technologies, featuring Prof. of Practice in IE Brad Duerstock
- Tsunami Seawall Research, featuring IE Asst. Prof. Roshanak Nateghi
- Boiler Bytes: Jocelyn Dunn Mars Simulation
- 2015 Purdue University School of Engineering Education Interdisciplinary Colloquium, 2015: Boundary Agents – The Transformative Potential of Professors of Practice on Purdue Engineering – featuring IE Professors of Practice Bradley Duerstock, Dave Dumbacher & Robert Kenley
- Office of Technology & Commercialization: Global Impact Through Innovation: The Purdue I2D Lab – featuring IE Prof. Yuehwern Yih
- Office of Technology & Commercialization: Frontier Additive Manufacturing – featuring IE Assoc. Prof. Gary Cheng
- 2014 ZipTrips, Purdue University School of Agriculture: Brad Duerstock
- 2014 ReThink Robotics, Purdue University: Rethink Robotics, presented by IE Assoc. Prof. Juan Pablo Wachs
- 2014 CERIAS Security Seminar: 2014-11-05 CERIAS – Improving Analyst Team Performance and Capability in NOC/SOC Operations Centers, presented by IE Prof. Barrett Caldwell
- 2012 NIGMS: Dr. Brad Duerstock on Accessible Science
- IE – The Magic at Disney – featuring Purdue IE alumna Kathy Kilmer
IE Videos – Purdue Day of Giving