In preparation for the 2022 Herrick Conference, we have newly released information to share. Purdue University has recently given additional guidance and recommendations through the Protect Purdue initiative on summer conferences happening on the West Lafayette campus. Below are recommendations that have been communicated:
- Adults staying overnight in university housing (First Street Towers) are encouraged–but not required–to complete a negative COVID-19 diagnostic test (either rapid antigen or PCR), regardless of vaccination status. Proof of a negative test is encouraged to be brought with them to check-in.
- Participants should bring at-home rapid COVID tests as part of the program packing list in case symptoms develop.
- Individuals are deemed symptomatic if they have two or more symptoms commonly associated with COVID.
Should a conference attendee test positive, it is recommended that the attendee leave campus as soon as possible within 12 hours of first displaying COVID symptoms.
- If this is not possible, the attendee should quarantine in their room until they are able to travel home. Meals will be provided to the attendee’s room while in quarantine. If housing assistance is needed, the Conference will provide support.
- Those attendees requiring a COVID test to travel after the conference will be provided assistance in obtaining the appropriate testing.
We look forward to providing a positive experience for the 50th Anniversary of the 2022 Herrick Conference. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Brian Barrett at email@example.com or Amanda Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing & Communications Specialist
Ray W. Herrick Laboratories
177 S. Russell Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907-2099