How to Drop a Course
Note: It is your responsibility to submit requests early enough for them to be approved by the deadlines. Additionally, if drop requests are not submitted by 1 PM on the deadline date we cannot guarantee approval.
Elisheba Van Winkle (firstname.lastname@example.org) will contact you with any questions and will approve your request.
Make sure to check myPurdue (Register for Classes > Current Registration) to verify that the drop has been fully processed.
If you have any difficulty dropping a course, contact Elisheba Van Winkle (email@example.com).
Grade and transcript information:
For 16-week courses:
- Courses dropped in Weeks 1 & 2: Do not appear on your transcript
- Courses dropped in Weeks 3-4: Your transcript will show the course title and W (withdrawn).
- Courses dropped in Weeks 5-11: The instructor must approve the drop and provide a grade of W (withdrawn) or WF (withdrawn failing), which will show up on your transcript.
To drop all your courses, submit a withdrawal form:
- Log into myPurdue and select the Registration page.
- Select Withdraw from Purdue University/Request Withdrawal from Current Academic Term.
- Complete and submit the form.
Important! Completing this form will not prevent you from enrolling in the next upcoming semester, unless your eligibility to register has run out.
Visit the Dean of Student’s website for more information on withdrawing.