How to Register for Research
ECE research courses include the following:
- ECE 69200, Introduction to Graduate Research
- ECE 69800, Research MS Thesis
- ECE 69900, Research PhD Thesis
Before you register: Before registering for either of research courses, you must find a faculty member to supervise your research. Remember that only a certain number of credit hours can be used toward your degree; check the Thesis Track Curriculum Requirements webpage.
Preferred process: Complete Form 23, available in the Graduate Office (MSEE 140).
Alternate process: Copy the ECE Graduate Office (email@example.com) on an email to your major professor asking for their approval of your registration request via email. Include the following information in the email:
- Course subject & course #
To locate the correct CRN:
- In myPurdue, go to Registration > Register for Classes > Look Up Classes.
- Select the correct term, and then click Advanced Search.
- Select ECE as the subject, enter the course number (698 or 699), and then select the instructor. Click Section Search.
- In the table that appears, the CRN will be in the first column.
- To locate the correct CRN:
- # of credit hours
You will receive an email once the registration has been entered. Be sure to review it for accuracy.
To register for ECE69600, Advanced EE Projects or ECE69700, Directed Reading EE, contact Elisheba Van Winkle (firstname.lastname@example.org).