How to Audit a Course
Note: The deadline to obtain approval to audit a course is the end of the second week of the semester.
To audit a course:
- Register for the course using the scheduling assistant in myPurdue.
Return to the scheduling assistant and change the grade mode to Audit.
- The ECE Graduate Office will review your request and you will receive an email with additional information
Please note the following:
- Your request to change the grade mode must be approved by the ECE Graduate Office via the scheduling assistant. We recommend that you submit your request no later than the end of the first week of classes so that it can be fully approved by the deadline.
- Not all courses may be approved to audit.
- If you audit a course, you cannot use the course towards your degree requirements (listing it on the plan of study).
- An audited course costs the same as a graded course.
- International students: An audited course does not count towards your minimum required registration hours.
- When you audit a course, you are an observer only. You have access to the course material and lectures but are not required to submit assessments (homework, exams, etc.).