Peer-reviewed Publications from Cheng group
15. Ji-Xin Cheng*, Sunney X. Xie*, “Vibrational spectroscopic imaging of living systems: emerging platform for biology and medicine”, Science, Review article, 350, 6264 (2015), DOI: 10.1126/science.aaa8870.
14. Jie Hui, Qianhuan Yu, Teng Ma, Pu Wang, Yingchun Cao, Rebecca S. Bruning, Yueqiao Qu, Zhongping Chen, Qifa Zhou, Michael Sturek, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Weibiao Chen, "High-speed intravascular photoacoustic imaging at 1.7 μm with a KTP-based OPO", Biomed. Opt. Express 6, 4557-4566 (2015). DOI: 10.1364/BOE.6.004557
12. Chi Zhang, Delong Zhang, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Coherent Raman Scattering Microscopy in Biology and Medicine”, Annual Review of Biomedical Engineering, 17,1, (2015) . DOI: 10.1146/annurev-bioeng-071114-040554
11. Chien-Sheng Liao, Pu Wang, Ping Wang, Junjie Li, Hyeon Jeong Lee, Gregory Eakins, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Spectrometer-free Vibrational Imaging by Retrieving Stimulated Raman Signal from Highly Scattered Photons”, Science Advances 1, no. 9 : e1500738 (2015). DOI: 10.1126/sciadv.1500738
10. Jie Hui, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Converting molecular vibrationsinto mechanical wave for bond-selective imaging of deep tissue”, Chinese Journal of Chemical Physics, 2015, 28 (4), 375-382.http://cjcp.ustc.edu.cn/hxwlxb_en/ch/reader/create_pdf.aspx?file_no=150414069&journal_id=hxwlxb_cn&year_id=2015
9. Bin Liu, Ping Wang, Jeong Im Kim, Delong Zhang, Yuanqin Xia, Clint Chapple*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Vibrational fingerprint mapping reveals spatial distribution of functional groups of lignin in plant cell wall”, Analytical Chemistry, 2015, online. DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b02434
8. Junjie Li, Weixia Zhang, Ting-Fung Chung, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Yong P. Chen, Ji-Xin Cheng, Chen Yang, "Highly sensitive transient absorption imaging of graphene and graphene oxide in living cells and circulating blood", Scientific Reports (2015), 5, 12394; DOI: 10.1038/srep12394
7. Bin Liu, Hyeon Jeong Lee, Delong Zhang, Chien-Sheng Liao, Na Ji, Yuanqin Xia, and Ji-Xin Cheng, "Label-free spectroscopic detection of membrane potential using stimulated Raman scattering", Applied Physics Letters (2015), 106, 173704; http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4919104
6. Rui Li, Evan Phillips, Pu Wang, Craig J. Goergen, and Ji-Xin Cheng, "Label-free in vivo imaging of peripheral nerve by multispectral photoacoustic tomography", Journal of Biophotonics (2015), online.
5. Chien-Sheng Liao, Mikhail N Slipchenko, Ping Wang, Junjie Li, Seung-Young Lee, Robert A Oglesbee and Ji-Xin Cheng, "Microsecond scale vibrational spectroscopic imaging by multiplex stimulated Raman scattering microscopy", Light: Science & Applications (2015) 4, e265; DOI:10.1038/lsa.2015.38
4. Rui Li, Pu Wang, Lu Lan, Frank P. Lloyd, Jr., Craig J. Goergen, Shaoxiong Chen, and Ji-Xin Cheng, "Assessing breast tumor margin by multispectral photoacoustic tomography", Biomedical Optics Express (2015) 6, 1273; http://dx.doi.org/10.1364/BOE.6.001273
3. Phillips, Evan H., Alexa A. Yrineo, Hilary D. Schroeder, Katherine E. Wilson, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Craig J. Goergen. "Morphological and Biomechanical Differences in the Elastase and AngII apoE−/− Rodent Models of Abdominal Aortic Aneurysms." BioMed Research International (2015), http://www.hindawi.com/journals/bmri/aa/413189/
2. Lee, Steve Seung-Young, Junjie Li, Jien Nee Tai, Timothy L. Ratliff, Kinam Park, and Ji-Xin Cheng. "Avasimibe Encapsulated in Human Serum Albumin Blocks Cholesterol Esterification for Selective Cancer Treatment." ACS nano (2015) 9, 2420-2432; DOI:10.1021/nn504025a
1. Hyeon Jeong Lee, Wandi Zhang, Delong Zhang, Yang Yang, Bin Liu, Eric L. Barker, Kimberly K. Buhman, Lyudmila V. Slipchenko, Mingji Dai & Ji-Xin Cheng, Assessing Cholesterol Storage in Live Cells and C. elegans by Stimulated Raman Scattering Imaging of Phenyl-Diyne Cholesterol, Scientific Reports (2015) 5, 7930: DOI:10.1038/srep06889
11. Zhe Zhang, Xianzeng Hou, Chen Shao, Junjie Li, Ji-Xin Cheng, Shihuan Kuang, Nihal Ahmad, Timothy Ratliff, and Xiaoqi Liu, Plk1 inhibition enhances the efficacy of androgen signaling blockade in castration-resistant prostate Cancer, Cancer Research Sept 2014, DOI: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-14-1916
10. Junjie Li, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Direct visualization of de novo lipogenesis in single living cells, Scientific Reports, 2014: 4, 6807, DOI: 10.1038/srep06807.
9. Pu Wang, Teng Ma, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Shanshan Liang, Jie Hui, K. Kirk Shung, Sukesh Roy, Michael Sturek, Qifa Zhou*, Zhongping Chen* & Ji-Xin Cheng*, High-speed Intravascular Photoacoustic Imaging of Lipid-laden Atherosclerotic Plaque Enabled by a 2-kHz Barium Nitrite Raman Laser, Scientific Reports, 2014, 4: 6889. DOI:10.1038/srep06889 (2014)
8. Ping Wang, Bin Liu, Delong Zhang, Micah Y. Belew, Heidi A. Tissenbaum *, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Imaging lipid metabolism in live Caenorhabditis elegans using fingerprint vibrations, Angewandte Chemie Int Ed, 2014 October, 53: 11782-92. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/anie.201406029/abstract
7. Chunrui Hu, Delong Zhang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Bing Hu*, Label-Free Real-Time Imaging of Myelination in the Xenopus laevis Tadpole by In Vivo Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscope, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2014 Aug, 19: 086005.
6. Delong Zhang, Ping Wang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Fast vibrational imaging of cells and tissues by stimulated Raman scattering microscopy, Accounts of Chemical Research, May 2014, 47, 2282-2290.
5. Wei Wu#, Pu Wang#, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Xiao-Ming Xu*, Assessment of white matter loss using bond-selective photoacoustic imaging in a rat model of contusive spinal cord injury, Journal of Neurotrauma, 2014 Sept. PMID: 24850066
4. Xingjie Ping, Kewen Jiang, Seung-Young Lee, Ji-Xing Cheng, Xiaoming Jin*, PEG-PDLLA micelles treatment improves axonal function of the corpus callosum following traumatic brain injury, Journal of Neurotrauma, 2014 July, 31(13):1172-9. doi: 10.1089/neu.2013.3147
3. Shuhua Yue, Junjie Li, Seung-Young Lee, Hyeon Jeong Lee, Tian Shao, Bing Song, Liang Cheng, Timothy A. Masterson, Xiaoqi Liu, Timothy L. Ratliff, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Cholesteryl ester accumulation induced by PTEN loss and PI3K/AKT activation underlies human prostate cancer aggressiveness. Cell Metabolism, 2014 March, 18: 393-406. PMID: 24606897, highlight by Nature & Cancer Discovery.
2. Wei Wu, Seung-Young Lee, He Wang, Pu Wang, Delong Zhang, Zheng Ouyang, Kinam Park, Xiao-Ming Xu*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Functional Restoration of Traumatically Injured Spinal Cord by Glycol Chitosan Nanoparticles in a Clinically Relevant Time Window. Biomaterials, 2014 Feb; 35(7):2355-64. doi: 10.1016/j.biomaterials.2013.11.074.
1. Wang, Guo-Xiao; Cho, Kae Won; Uhm, Maeran; Hu, Chun-Rui; Li, Siming; Cozacov, Zoharit; Xu, Acer; Cheng, Ji-Xin; Saltiel, Alan; Lumeng, Carey; Lin, Jiandie, Otopetrin 1 protects mice from obesity-associated metabolic dysfunction through attenuating adipose tissue inflammation, Diabetes, 2014 April, 63(4) 1340-52. doi: 10.2337/db13-1139
16. Di Ma, Matthew M. Molusky, Chun-Rui Hu, Fang Fang, Crystal Rui, Anna V. Mathew, Subramaniam Pennathur, Fei Liu, Ji-Xin Cheng, Jun-Lin Guan, Jiandie D. Lin, “Autophagy deficiency by hepatic FIP200 deletion uncouples steatosis from liver injury in ANFLD”, Molecular Endocrinology, 2013, doi: 10.1210/me.2013-1153
15. Jacqueline Y. Tyler, Xiao-Ming Xu*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Nanomedicine for treating spinal cord injury”, Nanoscale, 2013, 5, 8821-36. PMID: 23945984.
14. Ping Wang, Junjie Li, Chun-Rui Hu, Delong Zhang, Michael Sturek*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Label-free quantitative imaging of cholesterol in intact tissues by hyperspectral stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, 52, DOI: 10.1002/anie.201306234.
13. Justin R. Rajian, Rui Li, Pu Wang, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Vibrational photoacoustic tomography: chemical imaging beyond the ballistic regimes”, J Phys Chem Lett, 2013, 4: 3211-3215.
12. Aki Uchida, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Trisha Eustaquio, James F. Leary, Ji-Xin Cheng, Kimberly K. Buhman, “Intestinal DGAT2 overexpression enhances postprandial triglyceridemic response and exacerbates high fat diet-induced hepatic steatosis”, Biochim Biophys Acta - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, May 2013, 1831(8):1377-85. doi: 10.1016/j.bbalip.2013.04.013, PMID: 23643496
11. Libai Huang*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Nonlinear optical microscopy of single nanostructures", Annual Review of Materials Research, 2013, 43: 213-36.
10. Wilfling F, Wang H, Haas JT, Krahmer N, Gould TJ, Uchida A, Cheng JX, Graham M, Christiano R, Fröhlich F, Liu X, Buhman KK, Coleman RA, Bewersdorf J, Farese RV Jr, Walther TC., Triacylglycerol synthesis enzymes mediate lipid droplet growth by relocalizing from the ER to lipid droplets, Developmental Cell. Feb 2013; 24(4):384-99, PMID: 23415954
9. Delong Zhang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Daniel E. Leaird, Andrew M. Weiner*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Spectrally modulated stimulated Raman scattering microscopy with an angle to wavelength pulse shaper, Optics Express, June 2013, 21 (11): 13864-74. PMID: 23736639
8. Pu Wang, Justin R. Rajian, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Spectroscopic imaging of deep tissue through photoacoustic detection of molecular vibration”, Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters, Perspective, June 2013, 4: 2177-2185. PMID: 24073304
7. Chun-Rui Hu, Mikhail N. Slipchenko*, Ping Wang, Pu Wang, Jiandie D. Lin, Garth Simpson, Bing Hu, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Stimulated Raman scattering imaging by continuous wave laser excitation", Optics Letters, 2013, 38: 1479-1481. PMID: 23632524
6. Rui Li, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Pu Wang, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Compact high power barium nitrite crystal-based Raman laser at 1197 nm for photoacoustic imaging of fat", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2013, 18 (4): 040502. PMID: 23536057
5. Pu Wang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, James Mitchell, Chen Yang, Eric O. Potma, Xianfan Xu, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Far-field imaging of non-fluorescent species with sub-diffraction resolution”, Nature Photonics, 2013, 7(6): 449-453, DOI:10.1038/NPHOTON.2013.97
4. Fang, Ning; Stender, Anthony; Marchuk, Kyle; Liu, Chang; Sander, Suzanne; Meyer, Matthew; Smith, Emily; Neupane, Bhanu; Wang, Gufeng; Li, Junjie; Cheng, Ji-Xin; Huang, Bo, "Single cell optical imaging and spectroscopy", Chemical Reviews, 2013, 113: 2469-2527. PMID: 23410134.
3. Therese S. Salameh, Thuc T. Le, Maxine B. Nichols, Erin Bauer, Ji-Xin Cheng, Ignacio G. Camarillo*, “An ex vivo Co-Culture Model System to Evaluate Stroma-Epithelial Interactions in Breast Cancer,” International Journal of Cancer, Jan 2013, 132(2): 288-96
2. Delong Zhang, Ping Wang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Dor Ben-Amotz, Andrew M. Weiner, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Quantitative Vibrational Imaging by Hyperspectral Stimulated Raman Scattering Microscopy and Multivariate Curve Resolution Analysis", Analytical Chemistry, 2013, 85: 98-106
1. Seung-Young Lee, Sungwon Kim, Jacqueline Tyler, Kinam Park*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Blood-stable, tumor-adaptable micelles for cancer chemotherapy", Biomaterials, 2013 Jan. 34(2): 552-61. PMID: 23079665
11. Aki Uchida, Mary C. Whitsitt, Trisha Eustaquio, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, James F. Leary, Ji-Xin Cheng, Kimberly K. Buhman, “Reduced triglyceride secretion in response to an acute dietary fat challenge in obese compared to lean mice”, Frontiers in Fatty Acids and Lipid Physiology, Feb 2012, 3: 26.
10. Pu Wang, Ping Wang, Han-Wei Wang, Ji-Xin Cheng, “Mapping lipid and collagen by hyperspectral photoacoustic imaging of chemical bond vibration,” J Biomed Opt, Sept 2012, 17 (9): 096010.
9. Fang Gao, Feng Shuang*, Junhui Shi, Herschel Rabitz, Haifeng Wang, Ji-Xin Cheng, "Optical coherent control of CARS: signal enhancement and background elimination", Journal of Chemical Physics, April 2012, 136: 144114, doi: 10.1063/1.3703308
8. Jung Yeon Kwon, Sang Gwon Seo, Yong-Seok Heo, Shuhua Yue, Ji-Xin Cheng, Ki Won Lee, and Kee-Hong Kim*, "Piceatannol, a natural polyphenolic stilbene, inhibits adipogenesis via modulation of mitotic clonal expansion and insulin receptor-dependent insulin signaling in the early phase of differentiation", J. Biol. Chem. April 2012, 287: 11566-78.
7. Mikhail Slipchenko, Robert A. Oglesbee, Delong Zhang, Wei Wu, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Heterodyne Detected Nonlinear Optical Microscopy in a Lock-in Free Manner”. Journal of Biophotonics, Oct 2012, 5:801-807.
6. Wei Dou, Delong Zhang, Yookyung Jung, Ji-xin Cheng* and David M Umulis*, "Label-Free Imaging of Lipid-Droplet Intracellular Motion in Early Drosophila Embryos Using Femtosecond Stimulated Raman Loss Microscopy", Biophysical Journal, April 2012, 102: 1666-75.
5. Shuhua Yue, Juan Cárdenas-Mora, Lesley Chaboub, Sophie, Lelievre*, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Label-free Analysis of Breast Tissue Polarity by Raman Imaging of Lipid Phase", Biophysical Journal, March 2012, 102 (5), 1215-1223.
4. Aki Uchida, Mary C. Whitsitt, Trisha Eustaquio, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, James F. Leary, Ji-Xin Cheng, Kimberly K. Buhmanm*, “Reduced triglyceride secretion in response to an acute dietary fat challenge in obese compared to lean mice”, Frontiers in Fatty Acids and Lipid Physiology, Feb 2012, 3: 26
3. Pu Wang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Mechanisms of epi-detected stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2012 February doi: 10.1109/JSTQE.2011.2157463
2. Pu Wang#, Han-Wei Wang#, Michael Sturek, Ji-Xin Cheng*, # equal contribution, “Bond-selective imaging of deep tissue through the optical window between 1.6 and 1.85 mm”, Journal of Biophotonics, 2011 January, 5: 25-32.
1. Ling Tong, Yuxiang Liu, Bridget D. Dolash, Yookyung Jung, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Donald E. Bergstrom, Ji-Xin Cheng*, "Label-free Imaging of Semiconducting and Metallic Carbon Nanotubes in cells and mice Using Transient Absorption Microscopy", Nature Nanotechnology, 2012 January, 7: 56-61. Supporting Information.
12 Han-Wei Wang Ning Chai, Pu Wang, Song Hu, Wei Dou, David Umulis, Lihong V. Wang, Michael Sturek, Robert Lucht, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Label-free bond-selective imaging by listening to vibrationally excited molecules”, Phys Rev Lett, 2011, 106: 238106.
11 Pu Wang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Mechanisms of epi-detected stimulated Raman scattering microscopy”, IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics, 2011, in press.
10 Yan-Hua Zhai, Christiane Goulart, Jay E. Sharping, Huifeng Wei, Su Chen, Weijun Tong, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Delong Zhang, and Ji-Xin Cheng, “Multimodal coherent anti-Stokes Raman spectroscopic imaging with a fiber optical parametric oscillator”, Applied Physics Letters, 2011, 98, 191106.
9 Delong Zhang, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Highly sensitive Vibrational imaging by femtosecond pulse stimulated Raman loss”, J Phys Chem Lett 2011, 2: 1248-53.
8 Yunzhou Shi, Wenjing Sun, Jennifer J. McBride, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Riyi Shi*, Acrolein induces myelin damage in mammalian spinal cord, Journal of Neurochemistry, 2011, 117(3): 554-64.
7 Brandon Huff, Yunzhou Shi, Wenjing Sun, Wei Wu, Riyi Shi, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Real-time CARS imaging reveals a calpain-dependent pathway for paranodal myelin retraction during high-frequency stimulation”, PLoS ONE, 2011, 6: e17176.
6 Deng, Zhengtao; Tong, Ling; Flores, Marco; Lin, Su; Cheng, Ji-Xin; Yan, Hao; Liu, Yan, “High quality manganese-doped zinc sulfide quantum rods with tunable dual-color and multi-photon emissions”, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011, 133: 5389-96.
5 Han-Wei Wang, Vlad Simianu, Mattew J. Locker, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Michael Sturek*, Stent-induced coronary artery stenosis characterized by multimodal nonlinear optical microscopy, Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2011, 16(2), 021110.
4 Nan Lin, Weixia Zhang, Brooke Koshel, Ji-Xin Cheng*, Chen Yang*, “Spatially modulated two photon luminescence from Si-Au core-shell nanowires”, J Phys Chem C, 2011, 115: 3198-3202.
3 Marion Girod, Yunzhou Shi, Ji-Xin Cheng*, R. Graham Cooks*, “Mapping lipid alterations in traumatically injured rat spinal cord by desorption electrospray ionization imaging mass spectrometry”. Analytical Chemistry, 2011, 83: 207-215.
2 Aki Uchida, Mikhail N Slipchenko, Ji-Xin Cheng, Kimberly K Buhman*, “Fenofibrate, aperoxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha agonist, alters triglyceride metabolism in enterocyte of mice”, BBA - Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids, 2011 in press.
1 Choon Young Kim,Thuc T. Le, Chihyu Chen, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Kee-Hong Kim*, “Curcumin inhibits adipocyte differentiation through modulation of mitotic clonal expansion”, Journal of Nutritional Biochemistry, 2011 online.
14. Yookyung Jung, Mikhail N. Slipchenko, Chang Hua Liu, Alexander E. Ribbe, Zhaohui Zhong, Chen Yang and Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Fast detection of the metallic state of individual single-walled carbon nanotubes using a transient-absorption optical microscope”, Phys. Rev. Lett., 2010, 105: 217401
13. Thuc T. Le, Shuhua Yue, Ji-Xin Cheng*, “Shedding new light on lipid biology by CARS microscopy”, Journal of Lipid Research, 2010, 51: 3091-3102. Review article
12. Kelvin Yen, Thuc T Le, Ankita Bansal, Sri Devi Narasimhan, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Heidi Tissenbaum, “A Comparative Study of Fat Storage Quantitation in Nematode Caenorhabditis elegans Using Label and Label-Free Methods”, PLoS ONE, 5: e12810.
11. Hui Ouyang, Wenjing Sun, Yan Fu, Jianming Li, Ji-Xin Cheng, Eric Nauman, Riyi Shi, Compression Induces Acute Demyelination and Potassium Channel Exposure in Spinal Cord, 2010, JOURNAL OF NEUROTRAUMA, 2010, 27 (6): 1109-1120
10. Marion Girod, Yunzhou Shi, Ji-Xin Cheng, R. Graham Cooks, Desorption Electrospray Ionization Imaging Mass Spectrometry of Lipids in Rat Spinal Cord, JOURNAL OF THE AMERICAN SOCIETY FOR MASS SPECTROMETRY, 2010, 21 (7): 1177-1189.
9. Mikhail Slipchenko et al., Vibrational imaging of tablets by epi-detected stimulated Raman scattering microscopy, Analyst, 2010, in press.
8. Bonggi Lee, Angela M. Fast, Jiabin Zhu, Ji-Xin Cheng, Kimberly K. Buhman, INTESTINE SPECIFIC EXPRESSION OF ACYL COA:DIACYLGLYCEROL ACYLTRANSFERASE 1 (DGAT1) REVERSES RESISTANCE TO DIET-INDUCED HEPATIC STEATOSIS AND OBESITY IN Dgat1-/- MICE, Journal of Lipid Research, 2010, 51: 1770-80.
7. Tong, L.; Cobley, C. M.; Chen, J.; Xia, Y. and Cheng, J.-X., Bright three-photon luminescence from Au-Ag alloyed nanostructures for bio-imaging with negligible phototoxicity, Angewandte Chemie International Edition 2010, 49: 3485-88. Inside Cover
6. Ning Bao, Thuc T. Le, Ji-Xin Cheng and Chang Lu, Microfluidic electroporation of tumor and blood cells: observation of nucleus expansion and implications on selective analysis and purging of circulating tumor cells, Integrative Biology, 2010, 2,113-120.
5. Sungwon Kim, Yunzhou Shi, Ji Young Kim, Kinam Park, Ji-Xin Cheng, “Overcoming the Barriers in Micellar Drug Delivery: Loading Efficiency, in vivo Stability, and Micelle-Cell Interaction”, Expert Opinion on Drug Delivery, 2010, 7: 49-62.
4. L. Li, I. Geisler, J. Chmielewski, J. X. Cheng, “Cationic amphiphilic polyproline helix P11LRR targets intracellular mitochondria”, J. Control. Release, 2009, 142: 259-266.
19. B. Lee, J. Zhu, N.E. Wolins, J.X. Cheng, K.K. Buhman, “Differential association of adipophilin and TIP47 proteins with cytoplasmic lipid droplets in mouse enterocytes during dietary fat absorption,” Biochimica et Biophysica Acta, 2009, 1791(12):1173-80.
18. Aaron Conovaloff, Han-Wei Wang, Ji-Xin Cheng, Alyssa Panitch,“Imaging growth of neurites in conditioned hydrogel by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy”, Organogenesis, 2009. 5: 44-51.
17. Ling Tong Wei He, Yanshu Zhang, Wei Zheng, Ji-Xin Cheng, Visualizing systemic clearance and cellular level biodistribution of gold nanorods by intrinsic two-photon luminescence, Langmuir, 2009, 25:12454.
16. Y. Fu, W. Sun, Y. Shi, R. Shi, J. X. Cheng, “Glutamate Excitotoxicity Inflicts Paranodal Myelin Splitting and Retraction”, PLoS ONE, 2009, 4: e46705.
15. Han-Wei Wang, Ingeborg M. Langohr, Michael Sturek, Ji-Xin Cheng, "Imaging and Quantitative Analysis of Atherosclerotic Lesions by CARS-based Multimodal Nonlinear Optical Microscopy", Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis, and Vascular Biology, 2009, 29: 1342-38.
14. Y. Jung, L. Tong, A. Tanaudommongkon, J. X. Cheng, C. Yang, “In vitro and In vivo Nonlinear Optical Imaging of Silicon Nanowires”, Nano Lett, 2009, 9: 2440-44..
13. Mikhail Slipchenko, Thuc T. Le, Hongtao Chen, Ji-Xin Cheng, “Compound Raman microscopy for high-speed vibrational imaging and spectral analysis of lipid bodies”, J. Phys. Chem. B, 2009: 7681-86.
12. Thuc T. Le, Ji-Xin Cheng, “Single-Cell Profiling Reveals the Origin of Phenotypic Variability in Adipogenesis", PLoS One, 4: e5189.
11. Jiabin Zhu, Bonggi Lee, K. K. Buhman, J. X. Cheng, “A dynamic, cytoplasmic triacylglycerol pool in enterocytes revealed by ex vivo and in vivo coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering imaging”, J. Lipid Res., 2009, 50: 1080-89.
10. Thuc L. Le, T. B. Huff, Ji-Xin Cheng, “CARS imaging reveals the roles of lipid in cancer metastasis”, BMC Cancer,2009, 9: 42.
09. Thuc L. Le, Ji-Xin Cheng, “Non-linear optical imaging of obesity-related health risks: review”, Journal of Innovative Optical Health Science, 2009, 2: 1-17.
08. L. Tong, J. X. Cheng, “Gold nanorod-mediated photothermolysis induces apoptosis to macrophages via damage of mitochondria”, Nanomedicine, in press, 2009.
07. Y. Jung, H. Chen, L. Tong, J. X. Cheng, “Imaging gold nanorods by plasmon-resonance-enhanced four wave mixing”, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2009, 113: 2657-63.
06. H. Chen, H. Wang, M. N. Slipchenko, Y. Jung, Y. Shi, J. Zhu, K. K. Buhman, J.-X. Cheng, “A multimodal platform for nonlinear optical microscopy and microspectroscopy”, Optics express, 2009, 17: 1282-1290.
05. Xu, Peisheng; Gullotti, Emily; Tong, Ling; Highley, Christopher; Errabelli, Divya; Hasan, Tayyaba; Cheng, Ji-Xin; Kohane, Daniel; Yeo, Yoon, "Intracellular drug delivery by poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) nanoparticles, revisited", Molecular Pharmaceutics, 2009, in press
04. H. Chen, E. Quick, G. Leung, K. Hamann, Y. Fu, J. Cheng, and R. Shi, “Polyethylene Glycol protects injured neuronal mitochondria”, Pathobiology, in press.
03. H. W. Wang, Y. Fu, T. B. Huff, T. T. Le, H. Wang, J. X. Cheng, “Chasing lipids in health and diseases by Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy”, Vibrational Spectroscopy, published online 10.1016/j.vibspec.2008.11.007
02. Wei Xia, Andrew Hilgenbrink, Eric Matteson, Michael Lockwood, Ji-Xin Cheng, Philip Low, “A functional folate receptor is induced during macrophage activation and can be used to target drugs to activated macrophages”, Blood, 113: 438-446
01. Ling Tong, Q. Wei, A. Wei, J. X. Cheng, “Gold nanorods as contrast agents for biological imaging: optical properties, surface conjugation, and photothermal effects”, Photochemistry and Phtotobiology, 2009, 85: 21-32.
Wei He, Walter A. Henne, Qingshan Wei, Yan Zhao, Derek D. Doorneweerd, Ji-Xin Cheng, Philip S. Low, and Alexander Wei, “Two-photon luminescence imaging of Bacillus Spores using peptide-functionalized gold nanorods”, Nano Research, 2008, 1:450-6.
Y. Fu, T. B. Huff, H. W. Wang, H. Wang, J. X. Cheng, “Ex vivo and in vivo imaging of myelin fibers in mouse brain by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy”, Optics Express, 2008, 16: 19396-409.
R. D. Wampler, D. J. Kissick, C. J. Dehen, E. J. Gualtieri, J. L. Grey, H. Wang, D. H. Thompson, J. X. Cheng, G. J. Simpson, “Selective detection of protein crystals by second harmonic microscopy”, Journal of American Chemical Society, 2008,130:14076-7.
Y. Fu, T. M. Talavage, J. X. Cheng, "New imaging techniques in the diagnosis of multiple sclerosis", Expert. Opin. Med. Diagn., 2008, 2:1055-1065.
Eunah Kang, Haifeng Wang, Il Keun Kwon, Young-Ho Song, Kalpana Kamath, Kathleen M. Miller, James Barry, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Kinam Park, "Application of coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy to image the changes in a paclitaxel-poly(styrene-b-isobutylene-b-styrene) matrix pre and post drug elution", Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A, 2008, 87A: 913-920.
Mcrofluidic CARS cytometry, Opt. Express, 2008, 16: 5782-9.
Han-Wei Wang, Ning Bao, Thuc L. Le, Chang Lu, Ji-Xin Cheng
Multimodal nonlinear optical microscopy and applications to central nervous system imaging
IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Quantum Electronics (invited paper), 2008, 14: 4-9.
T. B. Huff, Y. Shi, Y. Yan, H. Wang, J. X. Cheng
Label-free imaging of arterial cells and extracellular matrix using a multimodal CARS microscope
Opt. Comm., 2008, 281, 1813-1822.
Han-Wei Wang, Thuc L. Le, Ji-Xin Cheng
Fast release of lipophilic agents from circulating PEG-PDLLA micelles revealed by in vivo Forster Resonance Energy Transfer Imaging
Langmuir, 2008, 24:5213-17.
H. Chen, S. Kim, W. He, H. Wang, P. S. Low, K. park, J. X. Cheng
Cholesterol level regulates endosome mobility via Rab proteins
Biophysical Journal, 2008, 94: 1508-1520.
Hongtao Chen, Jun Yang, Philip S. Low, Ji-Xin Cheng
Label-Free Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Imaging of Coexisting Lipid Domains in Single Bilayers
J. Phys. Chem., 2008, 112, 1576-79.
Li Li, Ji-Xin Cheng
Release of Hydrophobic Molecules from Polymer Micelles into Cell Membranes Revealed by Forster Resonance Energy Transfer Imaging
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2008, 105: 6596-6601.
H. Chen, S. Kim, L. Li, S. Wang, K. Park, J. X. Cheng
Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microscopy
Applied Spectroscopy (Focal Point Article), 2007, 61: 197A-208A.
Imaging Receptor Mediated Endocytosis with a Polymeric Nanoparticle-based Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Probe
J. Phys. Chem. B, 2007, 111: 9980-85.
Ling Tong, Yanhui Lu, Robert J. Lee, Ji-Xin Cheng
In vivo quantitation of rare circulating tumor cells by multiphoton intravital flow cytometry
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2007, 104: 11760-65.
W. He, H. Wang, L. C. Hartmann, J. X. Cheng, P. S. Low
Gold nanorods mediate tumor cell death by compromising membrane integrity
Advanced Materials, 2007, 19: 3136-41.
L. Tong, Y. Zhao, T. B. Huff, M. N. Hansen, A. Wei, J. X. Cheng
Increasing the imaging depth of coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy with a miniature microscope objective
Optics Letters, 2007, 32: 2212-14.
H. Wang, T. B. Huff, Y. Fu, J. X. Cheng
Label-free Molecular Imaging of Atherosclerotic Lesions Using Multimodal Nonlinear Optical Microscopy
Journal of Biomedical Optics, 2007, 12: 054007
Thuc T. Le, Ingeborg M. Langohr, Matthew J. Lockr, Michael Sturek, Ji-Xin Cheng
Paclitaxel distribution in poly(ethylene glycol) / poly(lactide-co-glycolic acid) blends and its release visualized by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy Journal of Controlled Release
Journal of Controlled Release, 2007, 122: 261-268.
Eunah Kang, Joshua Robinson, Kinam Park, Ji-Xin Cheng
Noninvasive Molecular Imaging of Intact Myelin Sheath by Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microscopy
American Laboratory, April 2007, Volume 39, Number 8, Page 12-14
Yan Fu, Haifeng Wang, Riyi Shi, Ji-Xin Cheng
Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Imaging of Myelin Degradation Reveals a Calcium Dependent Pathway in Lyso-PtdCho Induced Demyelination
Journal of Neuroscience Research, 2007, 85: 2870-2881.
Yan Fu, Haifeng Wang, Terry B. Huff, Riyi Shi, Ji-Xin Cheng
Characterization of the pH of folate receptor-containing endosomes and the rate of hydrolysis of internalized acid-labile folate drug conjugates
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 2007, 321, 462-468
J. Yang, H. Chen, L. R Vlahov, J. -X. Cheng, P. S Low
Nonlinear Optical Imaging to Evaluate the Impact of Obesity on Mammary Gland and Tumor Stroma
Molecular Imaging, 2007, 6: 205-211
T. T. Le, C. W. Rehrer, T. B. Huff, M. B. Nichols, I. G. Camarillo, J.-X. Cheng
Second harmonic and sum frequency generation imaging of fibrous astroglial filaments in ex vivo spinal tissues
Biophysical Journal, 2007, 92, 3251-3259
Y. Fu, H. Wang, R. Shi, J.-X. Cheng
Controlling the Cellular Uptake of Gold Nanorods
Langmuir, 2007, 23: 1596-1599
T. B. Huff, M. N. Hansen, Y. Zhao, J. X. Cheng
Experimental Observation and Theoretical Analysis of Raman Resonance Induced Photodamage in Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microscopy
JOSA B, 2007, 24: 544-552
H. Wang, Y. Fu, J. X. Cheng
In vivo coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering imaging of sciatic nerve tissues
Journal of Microscopy, 2007, 225: 175-182.
T. B. Huff, J. X. Cheng
In situ visualization of paclitaxel distribution and release by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy
Analytical Chemistry, 2006, 78 : 8036-8043.
E. Kang, H. Wang, Il K. Kwon, K. Park, J. X. Cheng
Evaluation of disulfide reduction during receptor-mediated endocytosis by using FRET imaging
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2006, 103: 13872-13877.
Jun Yang, Hongtao Chen, Iontcho R. Vlahov, Ji-Xin Cheng, and Philip S. Low.
Characterization of photodamage in coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy
Opt. Express, 2006, 14: 3942-3951.
Y. Fu, H. Wang, R. Shi, J. X. Cheng.
Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering imaging with photonic crystal fiber delivered laser source
Opt. Lett., 2006, 31:1417-1419.
H. Wang, T. B. Huff, J. X. Cheng.
In vitro and in vivo two-photon luminescence imaging of single gold nanorods
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 2005, 102: 15752-15756.
H. Wang, T. B. Huff, D. A. Zweifel, W. He, P. S. Low, A. Wei, J. X. Cheng.
Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering imaging of live spinal tissues
Biophys. J., 2005, 89:581-591.
H. Wang, Y. Fu, P. Zickmund, R. Shi, J. X. Cheng.
Molecular composition and orientation of myelin figures characterized by coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy
Langmuir, 2005, 21:6478-6486.
A. P. Kennedy, J. Sutcliffe, J. X. Cheng.
Ji-Xin Cheng's earlier publications (41)
J. X. Cheng and X. S. Xie, "Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy: Instrumentation, Theory, and applications," J. Phys. Chem. B, feature article, 108, 827-840 (2004).
X. Nan, J. X. Cheng, and X. S. Xie, "Vibrational imaging of lipid droplets in live fibroblast cells using Coherent Anti-Stokes Raman Scattering Microscopy", J. Lipids Res. 44, 2202-2208 (2003).
E. R. Dufresne, E. I. Corwin, N. A. Greenblatt, J. Ashmore, D. Y. Wang, A. D. Dinsmore, J. X. Cheng, X. S. Xie, J. W. Hutchinson, and D. A. Weitz, "Flow and fracture in drying nanoparticle suspensions", Phys. Rev. Lett. 91, 224501 (2003)
S. Pautot, B. J. Frisken, J. X. Cheng, X. S. Xie, and D. A. Weitz, "Spontaneous formation of emulsions and onions at the oil/water/lipid interface", Langmuir, 19, 10281-10287 (2003).
J. X. Cheng, S. Pautot, D. A. Weitz, and X. S. Xie, "Ordering of water molecules between phospholipid bilayers visualized by CARS microscopy", Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA, 100, 9826-9830 (2003).
J. X. Cheng, E. O. Potma, and X. S. Xie, "Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering correlation spectroscopy: Probing dynamical processes with chemical selectivity," J. Phys. Chem. A 106, 8561-8568 (2002).
J. X. Cheng, A. Volkmer, L. D. Book, and X. S. Xie, "Multiplex coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microspectroscopy and study of lipid vesicles," J. Phys. Chem. B, 106, 8493-8498 (2002).
J. X. Cheng, K. Y. Jia, G. Zheng, and X. S. Xie, "Laser-scanning coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy and applications to cell biology," Biophys. J. 83, 502-509 (2002).
J. X. Cheng, A. Volkmer, and X. S. Xie, "Theoretical and experimental characterization of coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy," J. Op. Soc. Am. B, 19, 1363-1375 (2002).
J. X. Cheng and X. S. Xie, "Green’s function formulation for third harmonic generation microscopy," J. Op. Soc. Am. B, 19, 1604-1610 (2002).
E. O. Potma, D. J. Jones, J. X. Cheng, X. S. Xie, and J. Ye, "High sensitivity CARS microscopy with two tightly synchronized picosecond lasers," Opt. Lett., 27, 1168-1170 (2002).
D. J. Jones, E. O. Potma, J. X. Cheng, and X. S. Xie, J. Ye, "Synchronization of two passively mode-locked, ps lasers within 20 fs for coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy," Rev. Sci. Instr., 73, 2843-2848 (2002).
Z. Shen, V. Engel, R. Xu, J. X. Cheng, and Y. Yan, "Optimal pump-dump control and time-frequency resolved spectroscopy of ground-state wave-packet focusing," J. Chem. Phys., 117, 6142-47 (2002).
J. X. Cheng, L. D. Book, and X. S. Xie, "Polarization coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy," Opt. Lett. 26, 1341-1343 (2001).
A. Volkmer, J. X. Cheng, and X. S. Xie, "Vibrational imaging with high sensitivity via epidetected coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy," Phys. Rev. Lett. 87, 0239011-0239014 (2001).
J. X. Cheng, A. Volkmer, L. D. Book, and X. S. Xie, "An epi-detected coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering (E-CARS) microscope with high spectral resolution and high sensitivity," J. Phys. Chem. B, 105, 1277-1280 (2001).
J. X. Cheng, S. Wang, X. Y. Li, Y. Yan, and S. Yang, "Fast interfacial charge separation in chemically hybridized CdS/PVK nanocomposites studied by photoluminescence and photoconductivity measurements," Chem. Phys. Lett., 333, 375-380 (2001).
C. L. Yang, J. N. Wang, W. K. Ge, S. H. Wang, J. X. Cheng, X. Y. Li, Y. Yan, and S. H.Yang, "Significant enhancement of photoconductivity in truly two-component and chemically hybridized CdS-poly (N-vinylcarbazole) nanocomposites," Appl. Phys. Lett., 78, 760-762 (2001).
L. Guo, J. X. Cheng, X. Y. Li, Y. J. Yan, S. H. Yang, C. L. Yang, J. N. Wang, and W. K. Ge, "Synthesis and optical properties of crystalline polymer-capped ZnO nanorods," Materials Science and Engineering C, 16, 123-127 (2001).
J. X. Cheng, Y. Fang, Q. Huang, Y. Yan, and X. Y. Li, "Blue-green photoluminescence from the adduct of pyridine and C60 epoxide," Chem. Phys. Lett. 330, 262-266 (2000).
J. X. Cheng, H. Lin, S. Hu, S. He, Q. Zhu, and A. A. Kachanov, "Infrared intracavity laser absorption spectroscopy with a continuous-scan Fourier transform spectrometer," Applied Optics, 9, 2221-2229 (2000).
Y. Yan, F. Shuang, R. Xu, J. X. Cheng, X. Li, C. Yang, and H. Zhang, "Unified approach to the Bloch-Redfield theory and quantum Fokker-Planck equations," J. Chem. Phys., 113, 2068-2078 (2000).
S. M. Hu, S. G. He, H. Lin, J. X. Cheng, X. H. Wang, J. J. Zheng, G. S. Cheng, and Q. S. Zhu, "High resolution Fourier-transform intra-cavity laser absorption spectroscopy: Theory and application," Acta Physica Sinica, 49 (8), 1435-1440 (2000).
S. M. Hu, O. N. Ulenikov, E. S. Bekhtereva, G. A. Onopenko, S. G. He, H. Lin, J. X. Cheng, and Q. S. Zhu, "High-resolution Fourier-transform intracavity laser absorption spectroscopy of D2O in the region of the 4n1+n3 band," J. Mol. Spectrosc. 212, 89-95 (2002).
R. Xu, J. X. Cheng, and Y. Yan, "A simple theory of optimal coherent control," J. Phys. Chem. A, 103, 10611-10618 (1999).
C. Yang, J. X. Cheng, and Q. Zhu, "Molecular localized excitation by optimal laser fields," Spectrochim. Acta, A 55, 2399-2402 (1999).
Z. Shen, Y. Yan, J. X. Cheng, F. Shuang, Y. Zhao, and G. He, "Pump-dump control of molecular dynamics and the related transient absorption spectroscopies," J. Chem. Phys. 110, 7192-7201 (1999).
S. Hu, H. Lin, S. He, J. X. Cheng, and Q. Zhu, "Fourier-transform intracavity laser absorption spectroscopy of HOD VOD=5 overtone," Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 1, 3727-3730 (1999).
J. X. Cheng, Z. Shen, and Y. Yan, "Optimal control of multi-surface systems," J. Chem. Phys. 109, 1654-1662 (1998).
J. X. Cheng, X. Wang, H. Lin, and Q. Zhu, "The high resolution spectrum of AsH3 (400) local mode state: Symmetry reduction and rotational re-quantization," Spectrochim Acta, A 54, 1946-1960 (1998).
J. X. Cheng, D. Wang, and G. Graner, "High resolution infrared spectrum of H3SiI in the n1/n4 region near 2200 cm-1," J. Mol. Spectrosc. 190, 240-247 (1998).
J. X. Cheng, R. Xu, Q. Shi, H. Lin, and Q. Zhu, "Selective bond-breaking in a polyatomic molecule," Chinese J. Chem. Phys. 11 (6), 530-534 (1998).
J. X. Cheng, G. He, Z. Shen, F. Shuang, Y. Zhao, and Y. Yan, "Pump-dump-probe transient absorption spectroscopies in the detection of high-vibrational excited molecular dynamics," Chinese J. Chem. Phys. 11 (6), 519-524 (1998).
J. X. Cheng and G. Graner, "High-resolution study of the infrared spectrum of H3SiI in the regions 330-680 and 1070-1360 cm-1: Accurate determination of the ground state constants," J. Mol. Spectrosc. 185, 79-92 (1997).
J. X. Cheng, X. Wang, H. Lin, and Q. Zhu, "Symmetry reduction and rotational re-quantization of symmetric top molecules at local mode limit," Chinese Phys. Lett. 14 (9), 656-659 (1997).
J. X. Cheng, Q. Shi, F. Shuang, and Q. Zhu, "Making local mode vibration long lived by the interaction between a strong multi-colour laser field and molecules," Acta Physica Sinica, (in Chinese) 46 (6), 1079-1087(1997).
J. X. Cheng, Q. Shi, F. Shuang, and Q. Zhu, "Making local mode vibration long lived by the interaction between a strong mono-colour laser field and molecules," Acta Physica Sinica, (in Chinese) 46 (5), 852-861 (1997).
X. Wang, S. Hu, J. X. Cheng, S. Yang, and Q. Zhu, "High-resolution spectroscopy of molecular highly excited vibrational states by high-sensitive intracavity laser absorption spectrometer," Laser in China, A24 (12), 1112-1118 (1997).
X. Zhou, K. Hong, Q. Zhu, S. Shen, and J. X. Cheng, "Analysis of free volume content in ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene and polypropylene blends," Chinese J. of Chem. Phys. 9, No. 6, 537-542 (1996).
S. Shen, J. Lou, J. X. Cheng, K. Hong, Q. Zhu, and X. Zhou, "Studies on the free-volume change in annealed ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene by the positron annihilation technique," Phys. Stat. Sol. (a), 147, 447-452(1995).
X. Xie, J. X. Cheng, and E. O. Potma, "Coherent anti-Stokes Raman scattering microscopy", in Handbook of Biological Confocal Microscopy, 3rd edition, Edited by J. B. Pawley, Springer, New York, 2006.
Q. Zhu, X. Wang, L. Hao, S. Yang, J. X. Cheng, Q. Shi, and F. Shuang, "Spectroscopy and dynamics of molecular local mode vibrations," in "Spectroscopy: Perspective and Frontiers", A. P. Roy Ed., Narosa Publishing House, New Dehli, 192-203, (1997).
S. Li, J. X. Cheng, et al., "Textbook for Mathematical Competition of Modelling," Jiang Shu Education Press, 1996.