Patent Search / Literature Review Assignment
The purpose of the Patent Search/Literature Review is to inform, provide appropriate research, and demonstrate continued progress towards the project goal. Make sure to include all copies of patents and articles found with your patent search/literature review assignment.
The Patent Search/Literature Review Assignment should contain the following information:
- Provide a list of sources used to search for patents/articles (include websites, libraries, contacts with those knowledgeable in patent searching, programs used, etc.)
- Provide a list of key words used to search for patents/articles.
- Provide a list of patent classifications used to search for patents.
- Were you able to find any granted patents or patent applications that are the same as (or very similar to) your proposed product? How are the documents you found different from your proposed product?
- What scientific and trade literature already exists regarding your proposed product?
- Include a summary of the information you found and what other future work might be needed to make the patent search complete.
For help with your Patent Search / Literature Review Assignment contact:
David Zwicky, Purdue Libraries Associate Professor
If your team has any questions regarding this assignment please direct them to:
Soy Competition Program Manager