The purpose of this survey is to assess the performance of the School of Materials Engineering in preparing you for your career. As part of our overall assessment of the MSE program, we ask our alumni approximately 3 years after graduation about their subsequent experiences. In short, we are curious about your career to date (what you are doing and have done) and how we prepared you for it.
Your help with this survey is very important, as results from it will be used for continuous improvement of the curriculum in the School of Materials Engineering. The survey is completely anonymous and confidential.
Your Perspective on MSE
1. How well do you think your MSE degree prepared you for your current activities (e.g. industry job, graduate school, etc.) when you compare yourself with others from a similar background?
2. Please answer the following 5 statements in light of your experiences in industry or graduate school. This is a self-assessment of how you perceive you are doing. Do you agree or disagree with the following statements? How important has each statement been in your career to date? How important was MSE in helping you achieve these?
3. In addition to your MSE courses, please mark in column I all of the following items that you participated in while obtaining your MSE degree. For each item you marked in Column II, please note how much your participation has contributed to your success today.
II. Your Experiences Since Graduation
Mark all degrees received, and any degree programs in which you are currently enrolled.
Continue with the next series of question if you are employed full-time or employed part-time and going to school.
If you are currently in graduate school or professional school, skip down to question 10.
If you are not currently enrolled in graduate or professional school, skip to question 12.
12. Please mark each of the following types of organizations in which you participated without pay during the last year in Column I. If you were an officer, please mark Column II.
18. Since graduation, have you participated in any of the following?
III. Information About You
20. Today, how connected do you feel to Purdue?
21. Today, how connected do you feel to MSE?
IV. Written Comments and Suggestions
We welcome and take seriously any candid comments you might have. The following questions provide an opportunity for you to provide these.