How To Use ECN's Mailman Lists
What is Mailman?
Mailman is free software for managing electronic mail discussion and e-newsletter lists. Mailman is integrated with the web, making it easy for users to manage their accounts and for list owners to administer their lists. Mailman supports built-in archiving, automatic bounce processing, content filtering, digest delivery, spam filters, and more.
A list of Engineering mailing lists can be found at https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/mailman/listinfo
How to subscribe to a mailing list:
- Go to the available lists that are currently offered and click on the list to which you want to subscribe.
- Fill out the form in the "Subscribing" section of that page. Enter in your email address, and choose a password. Then, Select whether you want to receive all the day's mail from the list in one email by selecting "Yes", or as individual emails by selecting "No".
- You will then be sent email requesting confirmation, to prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. Follow the directions in the email to approve the confirmation. Depending on which list you sign up for, you may have to wait for approval from the list moderator. In which case, you will be notified of the decision by email.
How to unsubscribe:
- Go to the page of the list from which you want to unsubscribe. The list of Engineering mailing lists can be found at https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/mailman/listinfo
- Enter your email address at the bottom of the list info page and click "Unsubscribe or Edit Options"
- In the unsubscribe section of the next page, click on the "Unsubscribe" button.
- You will then be sent email requesting confirmation, follow the directions in the email to approve your unsubscription.
To request a new mailman list:
Fill out and submit the form found at: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Resources/Tools/MailmanRequest
What to do if you forgot your mailman list password:
pick your list's name and go to the bottom of the page where it says:
To unsubscribe from , get a password reminder, or change your subscription options enter your subscription email address:
click [ unsubscribe or edit options ]
It will take you to this:
Last modified: 2014/01/23 14:28:13.687022 US/Eastern by
Created: 2007/10/31 10:37:33.344000 GMT-4 by brian.r.brinegar.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.