Birck Network Printers
Three multifunction network printers are available in Birck Nanotechnology Center (BRK) for use by building occupants. The first floor has a color printer and a B&W printer; the second floor only has a color printer.
For Windows PCs:
1) Choose one of the options below, click on the Start button and select the "Search programs and files" edit box.
For the BRK 1st floor color printer (located by the exit to Bindley), type exactly the following and then press Enter:
For the BRK 1st floor monochrome printer (located behind Room 1220), type exactly the following and then press Enter:
For the BRK 2nd floor color printer (located in the atrium near the conference room), type exactly the following and then press Enter:
2) Alternate instructions: Use the Windows "Add printer"| The printer I want isn't listed | Select a shared printer by name | insert printer address here
You may, in rare cases, need to authenticate to the server by using a prefix of ecn\ OR onepurdue\ in front of your login (eg. ECN\sundeep); or (ONEPURDUE\sundeep).
If you have recently had trouble using the printer, please see the instructions below:
- Go to Start menu > Devices and Printers > Double click on the printer (ex: brk1stmono)
- Check to see if there are any print jobs listed. If there are, Right click on the jobs and hit 'Cancel'. If not, close the window and proceed to #3
- Right click on the printer (ex: brk1stmono). Select "Remove device" on the list
- Reconnect the printer
If problems persist, please contact us.
For Mac machine:
Please see the BRK network printers (Macintosh) page.
Last modified: 2017/06/03 07:44:30.633514 GMT-4 by
Created: 2010/08/09 14:54:10.937000 GMT-4 by john.a.omalley.1.
- Knowledge Base > OS > Windows > 7
- Knowledge Base > OS > Windows > XP
- Knowledge Base > ECN > Printing
- Knowledge Base > OS > Windows
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.