B.S. EEE Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of the EEE Undergraduate Program will:
Be prepared to assume immediate employment in the field of environmental & ecological engineering or to continue education in an advanced degree program;
Participate fully & ethically in the advancement of the profession within five years of graduation, as measured by one or more of the following:
a. Achievement of, or significant progress toward, professional licensure
b. Achievement of, or significant progress toward, an advanced degree
c. Publication of research results and/or field reports
d. Advancement to a leadership role within an engineering organization
e. Advancement to a leadership role within organizations, agencies, or companies who offer solutions to major societal and environmental issues.
B.S. EEE Program Student Outcomes
Upon Graduation, Graduates of EEE will Show:
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.