Windows 2003 Administrator Tools: Installation
In order to administer Windows 2003 Server Active Directory and perform other administrative tasks from a machine running Windows XP Professional, you must install the Windows 2003 Administrator Tools. The tools are basically a collection of snap-ins for the Microsoft Management Console, otherwise known as MMC.
Installing the Windows 2003 Administrator Tools
The AdminPak.msi file will ONLY install on:
- Windows XP Professional SP2 or
- Windows XP Professional SP1 or
- Windows Server 2003 32-bit family
The Windows 2003 Administrator Tools are installed via a Microsoft Installer (MSI) file. Follow the steps below to install the tools:
- If you have not done so already, map S: to \\ohare.ecn.purdue.edu\public.
- Run S:\tools\pub\software\AdminTools\Windows Admin Tools\2003 Support Tools\WindowsServer2003-KB340178-administrationtoolspack-SP2-x86-ENU.msi by either double-clicking the file or typing the full name at a command prompt.
- Once the wizard starts, click the Next button.
- Select Install all of the Administrative Tools and click Next. The tools will install.
- Click Finish once the installation completes.
Several tools are installed in the Administrative Tools folder in the Control Panel. In addition, many additional snap-ins will be available through MMC.
Last modified: 2014/06/12 11:50:31.186041 GMT-4 by
Created: 2007/11/06 14:28:44.757000 US/Eastern by brian.r.brinegar.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.