Unix Vacation Email Configuration
If you do not use an ECN mail server this document is not for you.
If you are comfortable using SSH:
- Use SecureCRT or some other SSH client
- Log in (ssh) to your home server (check with your site specialist if you don't know the server name)
- Type the following and hit enter:
- vacation -I (that's a capital i for "initialize" NOTE: You must initialize the vacation message AS the user. This will require root access.
- Edit the message file: type nano .vacation.msg and hit enter
- Use your arrow keys to navigate and edit the text, and press the ctrl and o keys to save, press the ctrl and x keys to exit
- Than edit the config file: type nano .procmailrc and hit enter
- Use your arrow keys, navigate to the lines that look like the following, and remove the # from the three lines
- Press the ctrl and o keys to save, press the ctrl and x keys to exit
#* !^X-Spam-Status: Yes
If the above lines either don't exist or are not exactly as shown above, they should be edited as follows:
* !^X-Spam-Status: Yes
To reverse the process, ssh to your homeserver, use nano .procmailrc, and just add the three # marks you deleted.
If in doubt, ask your site specialist for help- provide the message you wish included, and the dates you will be gone. Let us know when you return!
Last modified: 2017/07/21 13:50:40.553663 GMT-4 by
Created: 2011/07/28 17:18:17.220000 GMT-4 by joseph.r.kline.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.