Remote Desktop from Surface Pro
Fix display scaling for Surface Pro and other high DPI displays when making RDP connections to other hosts.
1) Download the Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection (RDC) manager:
2) Install the RDC software.
3) Open this folder in explorer: c:\program files x86\microsoft\remote desktop connection manager\
4) Right click on rdcman.exe
5a) If you are using a version of Windows 10 previous to the Creators Update (Build 1703), select the Properties menu -> Select Compatibility -> uncheck the "Disable display scaling on high DPI setting" box
5b) If you are using Windows 10 Creators Update (Build 1703) or later check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior. Scaling performed by:" box and select "System"
More information about Windows 10 DPI scaling options can be found in the sources below.
6) Run the remote desktop connection(RDC) manager application and create a new RDP connection.
7) Edit the properties of the new RDP connection and on the display settings tab, uncheck the box for "Inherit from parent". Click ok.
8) In the Session menu -> select "full screen" if desired
Last modified: 2017/07/19 12:37:50.830215 GMT-4 by
Created: 2016/06/15 13:38:35.350939 GMT-4 by joshua.p.harley.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.