ECN's User and Desktop Services group is often asked to recommend new printers. Although we do not ourselves specify or order new printer models, we will help you work with Purdue's printer purchasing experts at Procurement Services (née Purchasing). Here's how to purchase a new printer using Purdue funds:
1. To start the process of getting a new printer, please fill out the form at this link: https://engineering.purdue.edu/ECN/Support/PrinterPurchase/
2. ECN will receive your printer request, add additional technical and/or background information as needed, and forward it to Procurement Services.
3. A representative from Procurement will visit you to make a "right size" determination -- the appropriate size and specification for a new printer which will both meet needs and fit within the University's mandate to use funds appropriately. (ECN fully supports these efforts and is no longer able to order printers on your behalf.)
4. Procurement will send you e-mail, detailing one or more specific printer models which would meet your needs. (ECN does not receive this communication.)
5. You (or your business office) should order the printer via SRM. Please include Procurement's e-mail message as an attachment.
6. When the printer vendor delivers the new printer to your building, please contact ECN to arrange for connecting the unit to Purdue's network. We will register a network address, set up a queue on our network print server, and provide instructions for each person to use to access the new printer.
As part of the Strategic Sourcing Initiative, in March 2011, Procurement Services published the Copy-Print Process & Supplier Information page. Details include:
- Explanations of new terms such as right-sizing and purchasing vs. leasing
- Processing all purchases through SRM
- Details about end of life or lease disposal
- Direct specific questions regarding this process to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General questions, such as how to enter the shopping cart in SRM, may be directed to the Procure-to-Pay Helpdesk by email at email@example.com or phone at 494-7279.
Last modified: 2013/03/18 16:09:32.961458 GMT-4 by
Created: 2011/03/21 09:52:49.708000 GMT-4 by john.a.omalley.1.
- Knowledge Base > Hardware
- Knowledge Base > ECN > Printing
- Knowledge Base > Hardware > Recommendations
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.