Microsoft Planner at Purdue
Status of Microsoft Planner at Purdue
The following disclaimers are not intended to scare you, but we need to clearly illustrate the non-production nature of the MS Planner Environment..
MS Planner at Purdue is considered NOT FOR PRODUCTION USE. It is available for small groups to use as a means of collaboration and communication, but the following caveats apply:
- There is NO SUPPORT on campus for MS Planner problems - either at ITaP or at ECN.
- The requestor of the MS Planner Plan is responsible for all support, questions and membership adjustments.
- There is no automated way to keep a group up to date based on status, title or other memberships. All group member changes must be done by the administrator of the Plan.
- Copies of any documents that are shared inside of Planner must be saved in a space that is backed up by ECN if you wish to retrieve copies. ECN is UNABLE TO RESTORE LOST DATA FROM AN MS Planner INSTANCE
- MS Planner instances are NOT APPROVED for storage of Sensitive or Restricted data. Storing Proprietary/intellectual property data on Planner is at your own risk.
- If you are using another instance of Planner, and the Purdue instance does not behave similarly, do not expect a quick or timely fix.
- Inactive Planner Plans are automatically deleted after some time (12 months, perhaps?). We cannot retrieve data from such Plans
A lot of this stems from the fact that Purdue's use of Microsoft products is set up in what can be described as a hybrid mode, and moving all Purdue services to an environment that Microsoft expects is a significant challenge.
If all of the above are OK and you are Faculty or Staff (students should request a Plan through their advisor), you can proceed to request a MS Plan by contacting ECN.
We will need the following information to create your Plan(s): Plan Name
Informational sites (how to add/remove members):
Last modified: 2020/04/30 14:53:33.842862 GMT-4 by
Created: 2020/04/30 11:03:44.126612 GMT-4 by jeremy.j.smith.2.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.