Managing a Hiring Process with the ECN Hiring Tool
Logging Into the Hiring Tool
The Hiring Tool is a web application accessed through your web browser. Browse to the address below to begin:
You will be prompted to login using your Purdue Career Account login and password (DO NOT use “onepurdue/username” when logging in). A list of “Current Hiring Projects” will appear, select your project from the list by clicking on its name.
Adding a Candidate
Use the steps below to insert each candidate for your position into the tool.
- Click the “Insert Candidate” button in the upper right portion of the white area of the screen. The “Insert Candidate” form will load.
- Last Name, First Name, and Resume are required fields. After completing the form click the button at the bottom. This will return you to the candidate list which will now contain your newly created candidate.
Adding Additional Files to a Candidate
Once a candidate is added to the system you can edit their information and add additional files using the steps below.
1. Click on the candidate’s name. Doing so will load the “Candidate Details” screen.
2. Scroll down to the “Upload Additional File(s)” form in the bottom right portion of the page
3. Use the “Browse” button to locate the file on your computer.
4. Select the appropriate option from the “Type” menu.
5. Click “Upload Files”
6. Repeat steps 1-5 for each additional file. Once you’ve uploaded all files click the “Candidates” button at the top of the screen to return to the candidate list.
Granting Committee Access to a Candidate
Before a search committee can review a candidate you must grant that committee access. Do so using the following steps:
- Click on the candidate’s name. Doing so will load the “Candidate Details” screen.
- Click the “Grant Access” link near the top right of the white portion of the screen.
- Click the “Candidates” button at the top of the screen to return to the candidate list.
Last modified: 2012/06/19 15:51:18.689082 GMT-4 by
Created: 2012/06/19 15:50:19.804979 GMT-4 by brian.r.brinegar.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.