Data Depot - Mounting and Sharing
Managing Data Depot Access
Purdue researchers collaborating with faculty, staff, or departments who have purchased access to cluster nodes through the Community Cluster Program will be able to select one of the Community Clusters on the request form. All other Purdue researchers may request access to general use resources such as Radon, Hathi, and Fortress.
Collaborators Outside Purdue:
Mounting Data Depot Drives
- Windows 7: Click Windows menu > Computer, then click Map Network Drive in the top bar
- Windows 8.1: Tap the Windows key, type computer, select This PC, click Computer > Map Network Drive in the top bar
In the folder location enter the following information and click Finish:
- To access your Data Depot directory, enter \\datadepot.rcac.purdue.edu\depot\mylab where mylab is your research group name.
- You may be prompted for login information. Enter your username as onepurdue\myusername and your account password. If you forget the onepurdue prefix it will prevent you from logging in.
- Your Data Depot directory should now be mounted as a drive in the Computer window.
Mac OS X:
- In the Finder, click Go > Connect to Server
In the Server Address enter the following information and click Connect:
- To access your depot directory, enter smb://datadepot.rcac.purdue.edu/depot/mylab where mylab is your research group name.
- You may be prompted for login information. Enter your username, password and for the domain enter onepurdue or it will prevent you from logging in.
- There are several graphical methods to connect in Linux depending on your desktop environment. Once you find out how to connect to a network server on your desktop environment, choose the Samba/SMB protocol and adapt the information from the Mac OS X section to connect.
If you would like access via samba on the command line you may install smbclient which will give you ftp-like access and can be used as shown below. For all the possible ways to connect look at the Mac OS X instructions.smbclient //datadepot.rcac.purdue.edu/depot/mylab -U myusername where mylab is your research group name and myusername is your username.
Last modified: 2018/10/17 10:00:8.314916 GMT-4 by
Created: 2017/01/18 11:11:23.647000 US/Eastern by lawrence.j.bowden.1.
Type in a few keywords describing what information you are looking for in the text box below.