Basic Browser Troubleshooting
Simple steps to troubleshoot your browsers
If you expect a website to behave in a certain way and it is not, try following these steps in a decision tree-like workflow.
- Does the maintainer suggest a specific browser? Eg. Edge or IE for Purdue Business Process, or Chrome for Google Photos?
- Have you tried the website with another browser to see if your results are similar?
- Have you tried to open the page in a Private Window?
- Have you tried to reload the page from the server by holding down the shift key as you reload/refresh the page?
- Have you tried clearing the Cache (the files and settings your browser stores locally)? Basics are listed below, please do a google search for your specific browser if you wish detailed instructions.
3-dot menu > Settings > Privacy > Clear Browsing Data > Choose what to clear > Cookies and Cache (will sign you out of all websites)
Gear menu > Internet Options > General > Browsing History > Delete Cookies, Cache, Temporary Internet Files
Hamburger menu > Options > Privacy and Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear Data
3-dot menu > Settings > Privacy and Security > Clear Browsing Data
Last modified: 2020/09/09 07:12:13.407331 GMT-4 by
Created: 2020/09/08 17:42:35.667451 GMT-4 by sundeep.rao.1.