Adding Banner to Java Exception Site List
How to add the Purdue Banner website to the Java Security Exception Site List. This gets around any certificate errors that occasionally occur.
- Press the Start button (lower left corner of your screen, or between "Ctrl" and "Alt" on your keyboard)
- Type "Configure Java" and press the enter key.
- Click the "Security" tab.
- Click "Edit Site List", "Exception Site List", "Manage Exceptions" or something similar
- Add "https://inb.mypurdue.purdue.edu" to the list (without quotes)
- Click "OK" to close all windows
You will need to close all Internet Explorer windows and wait 30 seconds before opening Internet Explorer and trying again.
You will still need to say "Don't ask me until the next update" and delay doing an update, plus the usual couple of security warnings.
Please file a ticket at purdue.edu/ecn/contactus and be sure to log off of your computer at the end of the day so we can apply a permanent solution if there is one for this particular situation of a certificate error.
Last modified: 2017/11/13 09:47:2.860016 US/Eastern by
Created: 2017/11/13 09:34:2.437905 US/Eastern by oesten.e.nelson.1.